PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Lees65GTO

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2022
Texas
Hello all. Just joined and thought I would introduce myself.

I have been smoking pipes since 1974. I prefer (am addictive to) VaPers. I currently have about 47 pipes, mostly Savinellis with some Charatans, Radice, Don Carlos and Ben Wade mixed in. I haven't been on a forum since the old KnoxCigar forum a few years ago and thought I would get back into the discussions.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Welcome from PA. One difference between our two states is that your guys who wear cowboy hats and boots may have actually touched a horse at some point in their lives and aren't doing the worlds worst cosplay. Seriously it's weird for people from here to meet a Texan who is wearing the gear and go that guy was like normalish (i.e. not a delusional silly pants that thinks they're fooling people). Oh and we got more really old people too and our deserts are cultural not geographic. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: Bassman65

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina. I've been to Texas once on business, the Dallas Convention Center, with the graveyard on the surrounding strips of lawn, a unique feature. My wife did a reporting trip there on food and loved the food and the culture. It was when Coco Cola was introducing "The New Coke." The local bottlers told her they didn't have a VCR player to learn how to make it. They didn't actually wink, but she got the idea. Very Texas.

A friend from Texas and her husband told about a Texas camping trip when they had hot grease still sizzling on the fire. They walked away breaking camp, and a wild bore came up and started drinking the hot grease. Apparently it was fine to him. He finished most of it and walked off calmly.