I Asked an A.I. Image Generator to Show me Pipe Smoking...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
AI is in its infancy, but based on previous experience it will be putting hundreds of thousands of people out of work in a few years.

VFX and Animation will be a bloodbath. Not everyone will be made redundant, but perhaps 90% of that workforce. And since people will not be getting training through life experience, creativity is guaranteed to take a major hit as experienced craftsmen disappear.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
What's equally disturbing is that there's something in his right hand, and not knowing what it is is immeasurably more reassuring to my psyche than knowing.

I also submit that his seating placement wasn't well thought out. There's a perfectly good shade tree not 20 yards yonder...I think it's a bit arrogant for this guy to think he's immune to skin cancer, and I don't want to hear the sunscreen excuse--people dressed that upscale are not toting a Brobdingnagian tube of Banana Boat in their pocket. Unless that's what he's holding in his right hand, in which case I've just wasted all this time typing. 🤷‍♂️

The AI seems like a good candidate to get a computer virus. Just sayin'.

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
One thing, however, he got right: you will only be able to smoke outdoors, away from any form of animal life.

• Haha
Reactions: jbfrady

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
AI is in its infancy, but based on previous experience it will be putting hundreds of thousands of people out of work in a few years.

VFX and Animation will be a bloodbath. Not everyone will be made redundant, but perhaps 90% of that workforce. And since people will not be getting training through life experience, creativity is guaranteed to take a major hit as experienced craftsmen disappear.
Even middle-management is going to be on the chopping block. The bottom level worker-drones are already being "optimized" to death with it, and the C-suite is looking to cut more fat, because the company is only profitable if it looks good on paper. There's not much left to gut except the middle. And I've already seen talk of exactly that, replacing middle management and offices with AI. The best employee is the one that works for free afterall.

It's coming for everyone's jobs, slowly but surely.

Screenshot_20240424-012441.png

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
AI will destroy what’s left of illustrators and other editorial artists. Photography was previously chopped off at a the knees when the demise of film smashed the technical barrier to entry. Now AI will clean up most of the rest. My tiny niche, real people doing real things in real places with real emotion, is already seeing a substantial uptick. The influx of socially awkward millenials into a craft that requires real people skills is also a gift.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
AI will destroy what’s left of illustrators and other editorial artists. Photography was previously chopped off at a the knees when the demise of film smashed the technical barrier to entry. Now AI will clean up most of the rest. My tiny niche, real people doing real things in real places with real emotion, is already seeing a substantial uptick. The influx of socially awkward millenials into a craft that requires real people skills is also a gift.
Don't get me started on what has happened to photography since film was eliminated.

Computer engineers do not even understand what we want and need from technology. I don't want the computer to make art, generate music, and do my writing for me. That just leaves us all doing chores. I want technology to wash my dishes, wash and fold my clothes, so that I have more time to write, make art, and make music.
I refuse to accept any AI based programs on my computer and/or devices.

Remember when they all told us that technology would save so much time for us? Now, it is just a time suck. People walking around with devices in their faces instead of truly living. What is the purpose in any of that?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Computer engineers do not even understand what we want and need from technology. I don't want the computer to make art, generate music, and do my writing for me. That just leaves us all doing chores. I want technology to wash my dishes, wash and fold my clothes, so that I have more time to write, make art, and make music.
I refuse to accept any AI based programs on my computer and/or devices.

Remember when they all told us that technology would save so much time for us? Now, it is just a time suck. People walking around with devices in their faces instead of truly living. What is the purpose in any of that?
The purpose is simple and well documented. The purpose is to create an addiction that sucks away your life’s blood so others can make a tremendous profit off of you.