PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstwordisee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2012
Am I missing something. I guess I understand the attachment to an old friend but by the time you send that corn cob off, pay for repair and wait to get it back you could have a couple of new ones in your rack for the same cost and smoke them sooner.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
EJames is right about icing the cob, I evenly peaked my favorite cob the same way. I have used Tim West's services as well, very superior. The Stanwell is worth the cost and time to get fixed right, if it can be salvaged.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
I've been dabbling in pipe repair and earlier this week I took 4 pipes that were pretty messed up and got creative, here this is easier

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/frankenpipe
yours is a stanwell hence frankenstan

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Sorry about your luck.
I agree about the wood glue on the cob, it should do the trick nicely.
I would seriously consider having that Stanwell repaired. Pretty much any pre-Italy Stanwell is a collector's item now. Besides, they are just great pipes.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Well, The Stanwell is on it's way to Tim West. His site says he's backed up about three to four months. I don't mind the wait though. I just hope he can mend her back together. If not, I may ask him to replicate me one. Oh, and the cob is off to get fixed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.