PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
It was bound to happen. I hope it never happens to you.

I was out walking the hound and finished my bowl well before the walk ended. And then I did what comes naturally--I just popped my pipe in my back pocket. I thought I might have a little ash or dottle or something left in the pipe, so I made the foolish and fateful decision to put the pipe in my pocket stem-first and have the bowl sitting on top of my pocket. It seems silly typing it all out now, but at the time, it made sense.

I made it all of two or three blocks when I heard the sickening, slightly hollow thud.

I knew immediately what had transpired. My dedicated lunting pipe, which has been in my family for tens... nay!... dozens of days now, was lying on the concrete. I turned around and visually verified the horror. My pipe was inevitably, and irrevocably forevermore blemished.

I will, in time, come to accept this scar as character. But to you my dear lads, 'tis a warning. Put the bowl-side of your pipe in your pocket.

IMG_5238 Large.jpeg

Raisedbands

Lurker
Jan 8, 2022
New York
I can empathize, my good man. I anticipated the arrival and presentation of a Christmas gift to myself for weeks. It was a silver-series Stanwell Opera pattern that I purchased from a seller in Germany. On St Steven’s Day, I finally packed it and brought it outside with some (more) Midleton. Before it was lit, in what was like suspended animation, it slipped out of my hand and fell 20 feet off of the porch into the gravel below. I ran down, found the bowl and sought the snapped stem on hands and knees, finding it (20 mins later) 15 feet away in the bushes. (I blame the Midleton, but I know it was all my fault). I was able to seamlessly glue the stem, but that pretty pipe is known as being marred forever. (I guess that’s what I get for giving a gift to myself).

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Most of my cobs are still from the good old days of "bags of smokable seconds" from MM. That is how they all come unsmoked... ha ha

JTld

Might Stick Around
May 9, 2023
Malaysia
"Due to the nature of the corn cobs themselves, you may notice some chipping on the top edge of your pipe. This is perfectly normal and won’t in any way affect the way your pipe smokes. The chips only add to the charm and character of your corn cob pipe. Enjoy!"

Just charming chip you hadn't noticed before!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Nah, that’s nothing, look at 9:00, it looks like a bigger area.

Honestly Cobs look like this too naturally with little chips and dings, etc., this is nothing to fret over, and in all honesty when I looked at it, it does look normal.

It’s all good, so enjoy! :)