PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
I was in a shop the other day and figured I’d buy some tobacco while in there.

I saw the ubiquitous big jars behind the counter. They usually have clever names like “Autumn Evening Delight” but end up tasting terrible (to me), so I don’t buy those anymore.

But I was surprised to see actual name brands on these jars: Stokkebye, Lane, et al.

I have read and heard about Lane 1Q for a long time but never tried any. I bought a couple ounces and really like it. It’s mellow but has a great full flavor.

Now I see what all the fuss is about.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
You should write a review ... apparently there are not a lot of high mark reviews for aromatics ;):ROFLMAO:
P.S. I like it too !

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I find it a little too sweet and a little too moist. I've had a fraction of an ounce in a jar for many years, and it stays almost wet. But despite my objections, it is the single best selling blend in the U.S., maybe in the world.

On the Lane Limited front, I do like HGL, what they call an English aromatic. flavorful but still wth tobacco predominating.

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
You should write a review ... apparently there are not a lot of high mark reviews for aromatics ;):ROFLMAO:
P.S. I like it too !

I’m an unashamed aromatic smoker: they are all I smoke. I have never smoked a non-aromatic that I liked. Call me unsophisticated. :-0

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm glad I went entirely non-aromatic for a while. I'd had bad experiences with holiday aromatics that had cinnamon and other flavorings that probably shouldn't have been used and that imparted a biting chemical burn along with a dismal aftertaste.

But now I enjoy aromatics part of the time and have learned to enjoy them as well, selectively. I like the tobacco forward ones where the tobacco flavor predominates.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Glad you enjoyed it. It's a little too goopy and chemical-y for me--like @mortonbriar and @JRW11b I much prefer RLP-6 and, to a lesser extent, LL-7. Less drenched, and with 1Q, I really do feel the absence of the burley is a strike against it. Frankly, I prefer Mac Baren Vanilla Cream and Scotty's Trout Stream to the lot of 'em, but that's a monologue unto itself... :)

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I find it a little too sweet and a little too moist. I've had a fraction of an ounce in a jar for many years, and it stays almost wet. But despite my objections, it is the single best selling blend in the U.S., maybe in the world.

On the Lane Limited front, I do like HGL, what they call an English aromatic. flavorful but still wth tobacco predominating.
I almost like it.