PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Dude, im right there with you, i love cooking, and i love baking, all my friends love that haha. My favorite is cooking pan steaks, and baking biscuits, still looking for that perfect biscuit recipe though. I wish you all the best of luck. I wish i followed what i wanted instead of what i was told to do and went into culinary school.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
As far as education I've never been told to do anything. My dad told me this "I could give a shit less what you do as long as you enjoy it and do it the best you can. You could be a ditch digger for all I care, just be the best damn ditch digger there is"

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Man, i wish, my parents are divorced, my dad is wealthy, my mom is not, i live with my mom, buuuttt, my dad is the one helping pay for my college, he wanted me to go through criminology and either work in the prosecutors office or go to law school. My mom and i wnated me to go to culinary school. Here i am, completely regretting not doing what i wanted

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Yeah, but what can you do, i have my own place at school now, so i get to cook for all of my friends, an im always trying new things, but its not quite the same

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Have fun at the school I found Culinary School to be a blast. I have been cooking professionally for almost 15 years. The work is tough and hot and the pay isn't always great But I have never had more fun in my life. I hope you enjoy it.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
One of the local Radio DJs I enjoy was talking one time about how he often thought about looking into other work, since he had a family and two kids. He said he mentioned it to his dad and his dad asked him if he was happy with what he was doing and he told him he loved his work. He asked him if he was paying his bills and taking care of the family, including thinking about what happens if/when he's not around, and he said, of course. So his dad told him, if you love your work and are doing those things, you should stay put. After all, you've got the rest of your life to work a job you hate. Sage advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.