SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
But... when I enter the kitchen in the evening to have a cup of tea and realize that the gallon of organic milk wasn't opened yet I let out an inward projected sigh when I have to pull off that tab cap under the screw me cap and then scuttle over to the sofa and plop down and sink into it like Ziggy tipped over into a bathtub full of really thick pudding.

Am I, the only one here who experiences such episodes of tab pulling psychosomatic fatigue? Any Cathy's here who aren't preoccupied with the latest reading off their bathroom scale, that can possibly sympathize with me?

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
Ha yeah I do the same thing but mainly because when I take that tab off I always manage to spill a little on the floor.
I haven’t read a newspaper in ages. Are Cathy and Ziggy still around? I feel like they peaked with the general public in the early 80s.

Jan 27, 2020
Ha yeah I do the same thing but mainly because when I take that tab off I always manage to spill a little on the floor.
I haven’t read a newspaper in ages. Are Cathy and Ziggy still around? I feel like they peaked with the general public in the early 80s.

Yea, I manage to spill some as well, sometimes. That seems like a very Cathy thing to do. Not sure if those two comic strips are still around but if so the only thing that could possibly make them interesting is if Ziggy and Cathy started banging. I was more into Hagar the Horrible, Marmaduke and of course later Calvin and Hobs, Bloom County etc., which were on a different level.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
Yea, I manage to spill some as well, sometimes. That seems like a very Cathy thing to do. Not sure if those two comic strips are still around but if so the only thing that could possibly make them interesting is if Ziggy and Cathy started banging. I was more into Hagar the Horrible, Marmaduke and of course later Calvin and Hobs, Bloom County etc., which were on a different level.
I loved Calvin and Hobbes and Bloom County. I should make a point to re read those strips.

Reactions: Zero

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
But... when I enter the kitchen in the evening to have a cup of tea and realize that the gallon of organic milk wasn't opened yet I let out an inward projected sigh when I have to pull off that tab cap under the screw me cap and then scuttle over to the sofa and plop down and sink into it like Ziggy tipped over into a bathtub full of really thick pudding.

Am I, the only one here who experiences such episodes of tab pulling psychosomatic fatigue? Any Cathy's here who aren't preoccupied with the latest reading off their bathroom scale, that can possibly sympathize with me?
The worst part, is the splatter.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
My favorite was always Pearls Before Swine, but I don't read the paper. Rat is the best. I followed Stephan Pastis on Facebook. I think he might be in a creative slump or something though—for quite a while, most of the strips have been song lyric puns.

Beyond that, I am constantly ired by the mundane. There's a good poem by Charles Bukowski about that stuff called The Shoelace.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Oh boy, I'm going to enjoy reading all these posts tonight when I've plopped down in my soft and squeeky desk chair!!! What a GREAT TITLE and THREAD!!!!!!!!! :))))))
kindly
mike

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I have a lackadaisical moment, I try to work in a nap to re-energize myself and get moving again. You can't sleep too long or you won't sleep at night, but after a certain age, you can't beat it.

A lot of us grew up with the idea that napping is lazy, but if you get moving again, you find it isn't true. It got Winston Churchill through World War II's high energy situations. In the War Rooms in London, under heavy bomb resistant layers of steel and concrete, along with the map rooms and war rooms is Sir Winston's nap room, which he used routinely.