PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I feel your pain. When I speak Spanish it’s Argentinian and everyone laughs. When I speak English it’s kiwi and everyone laughs. Life is hard for us fresh cauliflower
You did a horrible translation. I hate google translators. By the way, you know that the kiwis I buy to eat at home, are from New Zealand 🇳🇿 They are the best kiwis on the market in Spain. Are you trying to tell me that you like fresh cauliflower?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
You did a horrible translation. I hate google translators. By the way, you know that the kiwis I buy to eat at home, are from New Zealand 🇳🇿 They are the best kiwis on the market in Spain. Are you trying to tell me that you like fresh cauliflower?
Ah you eat kiwis from New Zealand and not Italy! That explains your good looks. Even when Clooney is at his house on lake Como, he too eats NZ kiwis

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
When I tried to speak French in Montreal, shopkeepers would switch immediately to English. They couldn't stand it.
Something similar happens to me when I travel by an international flight. And I ask for dinner in English, and they bring me whiskey, a glass of hot milk, a rare steak, and peach jam.

Reactions: mso489

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I see a few people here younger than me (born 1980) and I'm a little jealous. No, not of your working knees or strong back or original hair color/amount (I console myself with the thought your time is coming). I'm a little jealous you guys found pipes so young. If I had found pipes 20 years ago I doubt I'd still be trying to quit smoking cigarettes

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People retain memories at different ages. My parents moved us to a larger house just before I turned five, so I am certain all of my memories of the smaller cottage-like house were when I was three or four. I can draw a house plan of the small house and remember details of it.

I remember the neighborhood pretty well, and the house across the street that was used as an American Legion "home," where they gathered on weekends. There was a small artillery piece in the front yard. I remember doing a physical comedy routine for other kids pretending to hit my head on the cannon and acting dazed.

I remember sleeping in a crib in the room where the family cat had her kittens, to my amazement, early sex ed.

Jan 27, 2020
I feel your pain. When I speak Spanish it’s Argentinian and everyone laughs. When I speak English it’s kiwi and everyone laughs. Life is hard for us fresh cauliflower

Isn't Argentinian Spanish actually the more "correct" or traditional Spanish?

Reactions: JOHN72