SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 14, 2024
I inherited a large collection of pipes, some used, some not, some with fancy boxes and some just the pipe as is. I have no desire to keep them as I don’t smoke and they have no sentimental value. About 75 pipes to be exact. What is a good resource on fair market value and how to go about selling them? I am not even sure how to identify the makes and models.

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
I inherited a large collection of pipes, some used, some not, some with fancy boxes and some just the pipe as is. I have no desire to keep them as I don’t smoke and they have no sentimental value. About 75 pipes to be exact. What is a good resource on fair market value and how to go about selling them? I am not even sure how to identify the makes and models.
You could look them up on ebay

wecamps24

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
Another option would be to ship them (grouped or one at a time or all) to Smokingpipes.com. They will tell you how much they would give you a credit for them or buy them outright to put up on their website for sale to pipe smokers. Some pipes may not be in good enough shape to resale. Smokingpipes.com does evaluation and will let you know price details but that is between you and them.

This is the info page:

Jun 23, 2019

Alternatively if you want to post some pictures, I'm sure members here can help you find a ballpark figure for the pipes.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Another vote for smoking pipes . Com, super easy you don’t have to deal with it. They will basically tell you which each pipe is and what it’s worth I should say what they’ll give you for it and if you say yes great if you wanna pull one or two out no problem they’ll ship them back to you free of charge. It’s the easiest way to do it.

Reactions: PaulRVA

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
It's pretty simple. If you want to sell them quickly and in a group, you can send them to some of the resellers who recommended you here and they will give you a fair value. You should then understand that the group value is lower than the sum of the individual values, perhaps up to 60% less. If not, you can sell them individually on Ebay and go through the sales process 75 times. Another thing to keep in mind is that pipes have a very wide range of value, some can be worth a couple hundred dollars and others are worth nothing.