PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Some of you may remember a thread a long time ago of me asking what to do with my Radice pipe. Long story short I lost the stem. From speaking with the wonderful members of the forum, I reached out to the Radice family. They said the original stem was ebonite and when they had some they would make a replacement. Cool.

Few months go by and they email me to let me know they have some ebonite and to send the pipe to them for a replacement . . . .in Italy. Ok. So I send it. In May. USPS with a tracking number. It’s been stuck at same place (I’m assuming customs) since June 8th on the tracking.

is this normal for it to take this long to send something International? Is this officially a goner? Thoughts from the gallery?

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I’d never send anything of value through the Italian Post Office. If the Radice’s ever get it I’m sure they’ll ship it back DHL or FeEx.

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Here's hoping that your pipe emerges from quarantine and gets to the folks at Radice.

well. Here is the update. At the recommendation of my wife who is obviously smarter than me I skipped straight to the source. Instead of check and rechecking usps tracking I emailed Mario Radice to see if he had it. He did and already made a new stem and sent me photos. It looks awesome. I hope to have it back in a few weeks. Upstanding fellas those Radice Guys. I highly recommend their pipes and everyone should buy one.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Always good to have a woman behind you. We men just accept things as we are presented to us whereas women (bless their pea picking little hearts) go right to the source.

• Haha
Reactions: sablebrush52