PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
Hope not, really decent stuff.
To my memory it’s one of the few VA flakes, let alone blends, with perique that I found to be good. Seems to be out of stock practically everywhere, if not totally. Have we lost another one, or is another batch coming?

Reactions: PipesRock

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Unless I’m misreading some of the comments, I think there may be some confusion here. Stonehenge is a G. L. Pease blend. Stonehaven is from Esoterica/Germain’s. (To my knowledge, GH—Gawith & Hoggarth—are not involved in either blend.)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
(To my knowledge, GH—Gawith & Hoggarth—are not involved in either blend.)
"From Gregory Pease: In 2001, I had the honor and pleasure of collaborating with G.H. & Co.'s John Gawith on a very special tobacco, and after nearly a year of development, Stonehenge Flake, a modern VA/Perique blend steeped in English tradition, was born."

Up until recently, GH was manufacturing it.

C&D has the equipment to do hot-pressing?
That would have been my question. If they could make real flakes, why haven't they been?
Their flakes are more like broken flakes. I am even having trouble recalling any US tobacco company that has a true flake. They seem to get outside companies to do some of the processing for them.

jeremyreeves

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2015
Supply problems for key components at GH mean that we really don't have a timeline for Stonehenge, and while we hope to bring it back at some point, it's unlikely to happen soon.

G&H is the manufacturer and we’ve always done the packaging. We don’t, nor have we ever blended this tobacco or produced the flakes. The packaging clearly describes that G&H is the producer. Nothing in that has changed, except the supply issues that affect necessary components for the blend are preventing them from being able to produce Stonehenge right now.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I’ve got 10 tins in my cellar with 2-3 years of age on it. Such a lovely blend.

Scarcity for blends come and go. I remember for a while when Peterson 3P’s was out of stock for the longest time and now it seems to never go out of stock. Same with Prince Albert and Carter Hall.

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
Stonehenge is and has always been produced by Gawith Hoggarth & Co. Unfortunately, problems all along the supply chain, including with essential leaf components, have resulted in the fact that we are facing seriously delayed production, and don't have any confirmable time estimates for when this might change. While we're hoping things will change and we can bring it back at some point, it's looking like there will be none available in the foreseeable future.