PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It was said, don't know the source, that he was his own worst enemy when it came to sellecting movie projects. If true, he didn't select many bad roles. I think he just wanted to cover the costs of his calf roping career. He reportedly said he loved the rodeos. If true, well, just another reason to admire him. A man should have a job he loves. Two is even better, acting and roping.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
RIP. Many great roles in his career.

He did a funny guest spot playing himself on News Radio. Seemed like he did it just for the amusement.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
My first memory of him was in "Journey To Shiloh" which I saw one Saturday afternoon at the theater when I was 9 or 10 years old. Didn't see a lot of his other films until I was much older and many had been out for some time by then, but for some reason he made an impression. By contrast, Harrison Ford was in that movie, lol, and years later when I saw "Star Wars" I had no idea I'd seen him in anything before.

FWIW, "Thief" "The Gambler" "The Godfather" "Comes A Horseman" "Brian's Song" - my favorite Caan movies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Those of you who want a quick overview of the Viet Nam War and how it impact on the US really should watch "Gardens of Stone." Not one battle scene in country but,a rather concise view of the turmoil caused in the US. For some here it'll break your heart.

Caan, Angelica Huston and James Earl Jones all turn in sterling performances. For me it is Caan's best role and performance. A sadly under viewed movie deserving of more.