Jim or Anyone KBV Anne Cap Like Cavendish?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
48 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
3 Fresh Davide Iafisco Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
GH&CO Dark Virginia Cavendish (DVC) is what came to mind, it’s a wonderful smoke, in my opinion. I think it was mentioned above but just in case… I don’t even know if it can be found anymore. That’s my two cents but I could very well have misunderstood the intention of your post. 💨💨
That's been on my radar. Some chatter about being discontinued, but I don't know if Rachel has confirmed or denied. A couple online places still have some, but I'm not sure if I'm "500g bag curious." puffy

Reactions: MattRVA

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Boswell’s has GH DVC by the ounce, I was considering it, but it seems hard to come by so I passed on it.

I bought a can of Rattray’s Dark Fragrant at The Country Squire. I was about to place the order, with two other blends online, now they are using AgeChecker. I called them and they’ll do phone orders, so you don’t need to cough up and submit your ID online, I placed my order over the phone.

I’m not submitting my ID through AgeChecker! 👎

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
How strong is the Cavendish in Winchester and Gillingham Mixture?

The reviews on Tobacco Reviews make it look like Gillingham Mixture is stronger with the Cavendish, but the reviews on it are pretty poor. Hmm 🤔

Reactions: Steddy

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
Keep in mind I’ve only had a couple bowls out of a fresh tin of Gillingham, but it striked me as similar to Winchester but with more Cavendish.
I, like you, wanted a non-aro or lightly aromatic cavendish although I approached it as wanting a softer smoke. I tried straight Cavendish and that didn’t suit me, too boring. Winchester fits the bill for me but my curiosity will lead me to try other “Cavendish but not too much” type blends. I also want to play with adding C&D unflavored cavendish to blends. I hope you enjoy your search!

Reactions: ThermionicScott