PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Today in my travels I stopped at a junk store in the heights of Houston and asked if he had any old tobacco pipes . The man told me no but what he did have was a working jukebox for 900 and the booth controls for 90 each . As time went on he said ,Ill show you something he led to the back of a darkened wharehouse and flipped on the light . Low and behold he was holding onto at least 40 old time jukeboxs some from the 40s and 50s .Talk about time travel . He also stated that some where not for sale .

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I was looking for pipes , sometimes you can get lucky this old guy did not even have a computer to check values . The Heights in Houston is old and is being torn down for three story condos , got me a couple of nice old Kaywoodies for two and three bucks at another shop . Plus junk stores beat work ,LOL

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Igloo,
If you wind up pulling the trigger, please post pictures! That would be an awesome thing to have in the house. Add a kegerator, a pool table, and a wet bar, and you're in the big leagues.
I wouldn't even need a very old jukebox to be happy with it. (The jukeboxes I've seen lately look too modern and hi-tech.) Just give me a Wurlitzer with the bubbles and I'd a happy camper. If it played 45s, that'd be a big plus, but not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.