PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Oval bowl and a square/round shank.The grain to my taste is straight and top&back of the bowl shows bird-eyes.That's calabrian brian that i buy from a great dealer and now has become a very close friend of mine.

Today i started to carve a big billiard with square shank that i decided to rusticate.I never rusticate a pipe before so i'm new at this work.I think to stain the pipe with two tone of colour, Blak and mahogany guess it's a nice solution, think you?

Maurizio
61466748.jpg

24868668.jpg

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
i love logging in here in the evening and seeing what new pipes Maurizio has for us...I always enjoy seeing them, they are truly beautiful and well made.....and I would absolutely love to own one (or even just smoke one for an hour)

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
You always have nice words for my works mate :D

These are good times to carving pipe ad showing them to you all what i'm doing.From april to september i have no time to spend on making pipes becuse nature ask me and i spend my time on the hills doing photography.In these good times i can carve from 1 to 3 pipes at week so definitely my year production is from 25 to 75 pipes, more reasonably 50

Maurizio

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
sorry Paul you asked for dimensions
long cm 16

large cm 4,2

high cm 5,4

weight 75 grams
guess could called "medium size"

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Dang Maurizio

I do love looking at briar carved with the grain being shown at its' best such as yours do.

Interesting transition there from shank to stem, treat us to a few different angles to better appreciate the thing if you can.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
thanks guys :D

There's a lot of briar available on the market,but what my dealer is selling to me is good enough.Sand pits can be a damnation and i find some only sometime,easy to remove

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Never buy a kit if you have a vertical drill.Buy briar and stem separately.Pre-drilled ebauchons are usually of poor quality with bad or no grain and a lot of sand pit.Good ebauchons are sold separately and cost of course a little more.But if you want to make a rusticated why not? Buy a kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.