PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
So I "inherited" a bunch of my dad and grandpa's "buck trophies" over the years. And due to lack of space I have slowly been cutting them for the dogs to enjoy. Smaller racks with little significance.

I have joked about making a plaque for my two pipes I did a whole year with. As I lopped these tiny spike antlers off for the dogs, I realized that I could use this!
PXL_20230108_184046254.MP.jpg

PXL_20230108_184049963.MP.jpg

I just have twine through the holes, but will think of a better idea be it wire, metal clips, makeshift holders. I figure the meer will go above them when I'm done with it. I might "engrave" some metal plates with the dates or something.

I'm open for more ideas too!
PXL_20230108_201122932.MP.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I tried thinking of something funny to add. But I got nothing.

However, hanging these permanently on the wall, means I have taken them out of rotation, retired them, and now I have room for more pipes.
So you’ve cut up a trophy to mount a trophy.

That’s kinda like killing a deer to put food on the table.

The circle of life in recompleted.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
So I "inherited" a bunch of my dad and grandpa's "buck trophies" over the years. And due to lack of space I have slowly been cutting them for the dogs to enjoy. Smaller racks with little significance.

I have joked about making a plaque for my two pipes I did a whole year with. As I lopped these tiny spike antlers off for the dogs, I realized that I could use this!
View attachment 193234

View attachment 193235

I just have twine through the holes, but will think of a better idea be it wire, metal clips, makeshift holders. I figure the meer will go above them when I'm done with it. I might "engrave" some metal plates with the dates or something.

I'm open for more ideas too!
View attachment 193237

" my two pipes I did a whole year with." I'm sure I've missed something, but would you please explain what you mean. puffy

Jan 27, 2020
You are the Martha Stewart of the pipe world. Every think about adding a platinum chain to one of the plaques so Snoop Dog could wear it was a chest piece?