PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaterman

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
Hey there fellow brothers(and sisters) of the pipe. I'm new to buying pipes, the only other one i had until now was a Dr. Grabow, but I just won this bid on ebay for seven pipes and a 40's 12 pipe rack. I don't know what any of the pipes except the Kaywoodie. Supposedly two of them are meer's? Does anyone recognize any of the others? I'm hoping I got a good deal at $57. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-40s-Revolving-Walnut-12-Pipe-Rack-Glass-Tobacco-Humidor-Jar-w-7-Pipes-/110834582667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ce41848b

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Good grief eBay's new photo-viewing zoom-in feature is lame. After I finally super-sized the pictures, I can see the stand & humidor is pretty nice and in real good condition. The pipes will clean up nicely. Looks like a sweet deal.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
One of the meers is a Pioneer. One brier is stamped London. best thing to do is look on Pipedia once you get them and clean them up...easier to figure out if they are valuable...IMHO estates are usually good smokers...already proven by the use.

beaterman

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
Thanks for the input! I look forward to cleaning them up and seeing how they smoke, looks like the one meer has colored fairly well. I'm not so interested in value, just seems like fun to work on them (and smoke from em!)

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Not bad at all, looks like some oldies, and maybe a no name, not sure, to be honest, brands dont matter too much (let the kicking begin on that comment) but it really doent matter as long as they smoke well and you like them.
Good luck and have fun cleaning them and smoking them

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
I had my eye on that until it got to rich for my cheap ass. Looks like a nice lot. I really like the revolving stand. I hope the redroot works for you. I had one that was an absolutely abysmal pipe, but every pipe and smoker is different. Have fun with them.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Beauty deal man!! I got a "LOT" a few weeks ago like that and paid $40 and it only had 4 pipes with the rack and humidor...Way to go

beaterman

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
Yeah, I am very excited. I was really just looking at the pipe rack, then found out the seven pipes in the photo came with! Hopefully some will be good smokers. I will post some pics after they come in and I give them a little TLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.