Jute Rope or Twine fibers inside my Sun Bear Tupelo?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
View attachment 239675
View attachment 239676

Was bummed to open my Sun Bear Tupelo and find a bunch of, what looks like, jute or twine fibers inside. Has anyone run into this before in a tin? Pehaps a section of twine from being bundled? Not sure I want to risk even smoking a clean piece in case it is from rodents nesting. What's the protocol for getting a replacement tin? Contact the seller (4noggins) or C&D directly?
Perchance, did you message @jeremyreeves? He's very responsive and cares a great deal about quality assurance.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
View attachment 239675
View attachment 239676

Was bummed to open my Sun Bear Tupelo and find a bunch of, what looks like, jute or twine fibers inside. Has anyone run into this before in a tin? Pehaps a section of twine from being bundled? Not sure I want to risk even smoking a clean piece in case it is from rodents nesting. What's the protocol for getting a replacement tin? Contact the seller (4noggins) or C&D directly?

Yes, it's twine. And it shouldn't be there. It was probably stuck to the underside of leaf, then got pressed, then got sliced (which is why’re it looks like that now). Since twine like that is used in various bits of tobacco cultivation, it could have been introduced with any of the tobaccos used. It's not dangerous and not indicative of anything other than what it looks like (a piece of string), but of course you don't want that.

Please do reach out to info@cornellanddiehl.com, or call LDG at (843) 491 4150, and either can get you a replacement tin.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Yes, it's twine. And it shouldn't be there. It was probably stuck to the underside of leaf, then got pressed, then got sliced (which is why’re it looks like that now). Since twine like that is used in various bits of tobacco cultivation, it could have been introduced with any of the tobaccos used. It's not dangerous and not indicative of anything other than what it looks like (a piece of string), but of course you don't want that.

Please do reach out to info@cornellanddiehl.com, or call LDG at (843) 491 4150, and either can get you a replacement tin.
Just a hunch, but I think this guy knows what he's talking about.
😏

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
View attachment 239675
View attachment 239676

Looks like orange tabby to me, should have asked if one of the barn cats is missing.