PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BayouGhost

Lurker
Apr 10, 2024
PA, USA
I have a tin of it cellaring along with some Bayou Morning Flake, but my go-to is the Bayou Morning ribbon. Has anyone done a direct comparison of this one with Bayou Morning of either variety or with Chenet's? I have heard that Kajun Kake is heavily cased and topped, which I would dislike, but I am not sure I believe that until I pop the tin. Bayou Morning has minimal casing and topping and is more "rustic" in nature, which I like.

BayouGhost

Lurker
Apr 10, 2024
PA, USA
I have a tin of it cellaring along with some Bayou Morning Flake, but my go-to is the Bayou Morning ribbon. Has anyone done a direct comparison of this one with Bayou Morning of either variety or with Chenet's? I have heard that Kajun Kake is heavily cased and topped, which I would dislike, but I am not sure I believe that until I pop the tin. Bayou Morning has minimal casing and topping and is more "rustic" in nature, which I like.
You might be thinking of C&D's King Cake, an aromatic crumble cake with perique.
You are correct. I was in error sir. Thank you for the clarification. Looking forward to opening the tin mid-winter this year and giving it a shot.

Reactions: Lumbridge and BenMN

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I love Perique, but apparently only in blends whose percentage of Perique is something less than Kajun Kake’s. I only had a couple of bowls from my tin, but that was enough. I couldn’t stop coughing. It was made worse by the fact that I was also laughing at how much the stuff was making me cough, which led to a couple of inadvertent inhalations, which led to more coughing and laughing, etc., etc. Needless to say, I took the hint. Knowing a blend is not for me is valuable info, and more power to those who love it.