PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
One simple mail day checked many Kaywoodie boxes. I have wanted an Embassy, made only a couple of years. I managed to score one in near unsmoked condotion in a lot with a Relief Grain, but also a Standard predecessor of the Embassy which is completely unsmoked. And a friend gifted me a 1970's 205R at the bottom. That's my first 3 digit, first R or wavy rim, first Embassy and its original version, all in one fell swoop.
20190118_163610-600x291.jpg

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Nice score. I haven't smoked a Kaywoode... Yet! It's on my lookout list after reading the article about the three pipes you should own with a Kaywoodie from the 70's or earlier being one of them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Boy, that's a beautiful set. My two Kaywoodies are ordinary, but I really like 'em, a Drinkless author (more or less) shape Ruff Tone, and a little panel billiard push bit. The old stinger pipe delivers a good smoke, and the stinger (which screws the stem to the shank) requires only quick wipe after smoking, no trouble at all. Kaywoodies use to be the premium/Cadillac pipes, priced higher than the Dunhills, which were both within reach of the average person without prolonged savings or a windfall.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Absolutely. And I love my old stinger Kaywoodie pipes. Many from the twenties, thirties, and forties are my best smokers. But the new push tenon ones have really started rounding out my rotation. I'm waiting on the last of my Super Grain billiard and Canadian family. Such an amazing company. The new ones are Cadillac pipes at incredibly moderate prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.