PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Those Streamliners had the double bore to allow the front of the bowl to burn better. Why they put a carburetor in I don't know, but that is probably a C for carburetor and not U. This thing is mid-thirties more than likely. I know people are saying earlier but the Streamliner really didn't exist until the mid-thirties, and those earlier pieces were fit on pipes later.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Those Streamliners had the double bore to allow the front of the bowl to burn better. Why they put a carburetor in I don't know, but that is probably a C for carburetor and not U. This thing is mid-thirties more than likely. I know people are saying earlier but the Streamliner really didn't exist until the mid-thirties, and those earlier pieces were fit on pipes later.
The carburetor and the opera are not the OP’s pipes they are mine and they are not the same pipe. I only posted a pic of the carburetor because the OP said their pipe had a U stamped on the bottom and I want to confirm that’s what it looked like. 😉

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
The Kaywoodie is listed as having a Suntan finish, so a darker and warmer stain, not light tan, counselor.
Not the counselor, but It’s my understanding that the “Suntan” is lighter tan marketed to go with the lighter colors worn in summer.
My 7204 is lighter than any of my other ‘woodies.
Now if the “darkening” with use of Algerian Bruyere is a thing I can see why we’ll smoked examples may be darker.