PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I was delegated the hanging of the washing this morning. Smoking some winchester in a meer and sipping my coffee, I was admiring the view of the mountain range in the distance with the mist covering the fields below it. We have a small window of view from the elevated deck, and are nestled among some tall trees, it is a very nice setting and appreciating all of that made me think of banjo.

For the newer members, Fishnbanjo was a fondly appreciated member on here, and right up until his passing and he would regularly post a selfie with the caption 'Keepin it smokey'. He would find a nice tree to stand under usually, and always had yet another spectacular artisan pipe from one of the forums most enviable collections. He also had some kind of hat on in every picture. It is winter down under so I have just got my hood up.

Feel free to add your version of keepin' it smokey...
keepin it smokey june 2023.jpg

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
I was delegated the hanging of the washing this morning. Smoking some winchester in a meer and sipping my coffee, I was admiring the view of the mountain range in the distance with the mist covering the fields below it. We have a small window of view from the elevated deck, and are nestled among some tall trees, it is a very nice setting and appreciating all of that made me think of banjo.

For the newer members, Fishnbanjo was a fondly appreciated member on here, and right up until his passing and he would regularly post a selfie with the caption 'Keepin it smokey'. He would find a nice tree to stand under usually, and always had yet another spectacular artisan pipe from one of the forums most enviable collections. He also had some kind of hat on in every picture. It is winter down under so I have just got my hood up.

Feel free to add your version of keepin' it smokey...
View attachment 227639
I am honored to own one of Fishnbanjo's pipes, a JT Cooke poker.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, fish'n'banjo was a legend around here. I seldom missed a chance to comment or "like" one of his self-portraits with a remarkable variety of pipes. As his name suggests, his interests were pipes and fly rods.

I believe he often did his smoking selfies under the same tree, and if memory serves me, I think he departed this life under that same tree.

fish'n'banjo sent me my one Meerschaum pipe, an estate carved with clusters of grape leaves and grapes, as with most Meers incomparable for getting the definitive experience of flavor from a blend.

He's definitely part of the mythology of this site.