PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yes, well done, and thanks, Jesse and Kevin.

Since this will attract Barnes fans, I have one question I was going to ask Ken but was too late.

Simply this: Were the rims on the Ken Barnes marque pipes treated differently than the outside of the stummel? I.e., perhaps fewer coats of shellac?
Not to my knowledge. Certainly doesn't look that way on my Barnes pipe.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Thanks Jesse and Kevin. I appreciate the generosity in making his posts on Charatan and Upshall pipes easily available. It’s also a nice way to remember the generous way Ken shared his knowledge and expertise.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
How far along did Mr. Ken Barnes get with that set of straight grains he was working on?
I seem to recall seeing a few of 'em finished. I think he was making a "7 day" collection?

Reactions: kcghost

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
How far along did Mr. Ken Barnes get with that set of straight grains he was working on?
I seem to recall seeing a few of 'em finished. I think he was making a "7 day" collection?
Nobody knows for sure, but the guesstimate was that he released no more than about 50 pipes. I would have guessed higher, but that estimate is based on the number Ken assigned to each pipe and the date he sent it out.

Ken did continue to post and respond to questions almost to the very end.

Reactions: Ag®o