PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Here is the latest one I've been working on. Thought I'd post what I have after a couple times in the shop to work on it. I call it a Rhode-Paul.
DSC01031.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01032.jpg

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
I love it! Is this for Sas's Oom Paul contest on the other site? This is turning out great, I hope to attempt one close to what you have so far! :worship:

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Yep BB, that's what I'm making it for. First one I've tried and wanted to make it my own, that's why I went with this shape.

firstwordisee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2012
I cant wait to see it finished, nice work, seriously considering making a pipe myself.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
That did turn out great... (lathe pun intended)
Mortise drilling on that must have been pretty easy. Everything else looks like it must have taken a lot of time and TLC
looking forward to pics after it's polished up.
Really got to try carving my own sometime soon.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
firstwordisee, I say give it a go....... Nothing like smoking a pipe you made yourself. I made one with a predrilled block and was hooked........ Now I do the drilling and everything. Drilling a pipe in this shape can be tricky.
Will do flyfishn. I think that seeing the pipe progress gives people a chance to see what really goes into making one. It should turn out to be a dandy, if I don't screw it up now. :)

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Oh goodness me...I think I'm in love. That is a beautiful shape. Hurry up and finish it! My salivary glands have been looking for a workout. :D

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Good work! Like mentioned above I like seeing the work coming together in stages in photographs.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I'm now trying to decide whether to partially rusticate it or not. I think it lends itself well to this type pipe, where buffing between the bowl and shank are almost impossible, or at the least, a major pain.
I'm also going to make a tamper to go with it, using the same acrylic that I used for the shank extension on this one.

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
Very nice work, dawg! Can't wait to see the finished product. :clap:

shawn

Jan 1, 2012
The first pic I was getting concerned until you bent the stem. Now that is coooooooooooooool.

Status
Not open for further replies.