PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BriarBrook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2022
Missouri
And it tasted 100X better than when I smoked it fresh. The topping/tobacco left a weird brown stain on my fingers but OMG the room note and taste were out of this world. For reference, I live in North Missouri where temps get over 100° in the summer(with high humidity) and winters have multiple days of sub-zero temps. Thinking about doing this to some of my other tins.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe this is the Wellman's Process they brag about on the Granger tub. Going way back, Forums members used to speculate on what that could be. One theory was that they left the door to the tobacco barn open 1/16th of an inch in curing the leaf. But maybe it was the Jeep oven secret.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I mentioned in another thread but I find this happens to a lot of aromatics. Age does wonders for some blends, the fresh air must allow the additives to escape or something.

Reactions: OverMountain

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
And it tasted 100X better than when I smoked it fresh. The topping/tobacco left a weird brown stain on my fingers but OMG the room note and taste were out of this world. For reference, I live in North Missouri where temps get over 100° in the summer(with high humidity) and winters have multiple days of sub-zero temps. Thinking about doing this to some of my other tins.
I've actually seen doing this suggested as a way to pre age tobacco. Never tried it. Sounds like it kind of stoved the tobacco or carmelized it a bit.

Reactions: canucklehead

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I read "Left Opened Tin of Cob.." I don't know why I missed it last time. But, it sure sounds like the OP left a tin of Cobra open and left it for everyone to enjoy. Snake bbq for the lovely friends :)

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
In the army we had a fellow who would pile up his dirty underwear for months in his locker next to the bed, I mean, in the room where we slept about 30 soldiers. It was also mixed with rotten food. We called him Coco, the cookie monster, because he was so hairy.