Living in a One Tobacco Town, and How I Stay Sane.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
2 Fresh Silver Gray Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
12 Fresh Jacono Pipes
12 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
awesome thanks peteguy
That certainly puts my 45-60 minute drive into LA in perspective. I'll just quit my complaining and shut the hell up now! :LOL:
Lol the only thing I can get 60 minutes away that I can't get at home is fast food(A&W) and catch a greyhound bus.
60 minutes barely brings me to the main highway. I actually have to drive 50 minutes just to get to the mine I work at.

But...I think of it this way, you know how people smoke pipes to slow down, relax and get away from all the bullshit in the world. Well I live in a pipe. The only bullshit in town is what people bring themselves.

Jul 11, 2023
Needles, Ca
Hey guys Frog here, So I live in a very remote small town in Northern Ontario Canada. The only place in town that sells tobacco is the gas station and they only carry Captain Black gold(Sail Deluxe) which in my opinion is the blandest pipe tobacco on earth. I could live with Captain Black White, I don't mind it at all but they don't/won't stock it for me. So I have come up with a work around that works for me but there has to be a better way for us Canucks to get some flavour into our lives. Now here's what I do.

The gas station always carries some Backwoods Cigars which are pipe tobacco cigars, they carry Whiskey, Rum, and Port. So what I end up doing is buying a pouch of Cap and a pack of Backwoods(I usually get Port) and I tear up the cigars and mix 1 pack of Backwoods into my Captain black gold and toss it into a big jar and shake to mix. The cuts are different but they burn well together without any issues and it adds a significant amount of complimentary flavour to an otherwise extremely bland tobacco, I was actually suprised at first how much it improved my piping experience.

Years ago I was lucky and found a seller on Ebay that would sell "sealed collectable tobacco tins" and during those days I got to try all kinds of stuff from Macbarens, C&D, CAO and many other fine tobacco manufacturers, I came to realize that I really liked english and Balkan tobacco blends, I like that oiley leathery smokey flavour they have, I also fell in love with eileens dream, but then Ebay shut that down and I've been living a very bland life ever since.

Any Canadians around here know of any good online retailers? I found cigarchief and have an order on the way from them but their selection isn't the greatest and the good stuff is around 50$ a tin which is highway robbery in my books.

I'm just a simple man trying to add some flavour into my life, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Frog
Man that really stinks about your tobacco situation.
I have tried Ellen’s Dream & just love it along with Missouri Meerschaum 125 anniversary tin.
So could I send you a couple of tin on the sly with out causing WW3?
Contact me at my email if I can help!😎👍