PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Winterreise

Lifer
Oct 21, 2020
Montréal , Québec
Question, does someone else beside me remove the goddam sticker on the MM pipes ? It remind me of those guy who leave the sticker on their baseball cap or the pricetag on new pair of shoes ?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Well after the craziest late winter and spring weather I can remember, I have an update. As you will recall the cob chosen for this experiment was not a new one, but rather an old one which needed some wood glue to hold it together. Thrown from its perch to its new home in the gutter, this legend has seen icy hail storms, a deluge of thundery tropical downpours, as well as being blasted by some of the most intense UV in the world.

it grieves me to inform you that the shank and stem were dislodged…ok well they already were loose… and were washed away in a flash flood. They now reside under our home in a soak hole. The stummel however looks sexy as ever

994F360B-EB88-4780-8C9F-045D51DB20C0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: scloyd and Toast

originalnutcracker

Can't Leave
Feb 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I inadvertently left an ashtray on our condo building roof one winter. (Now this is Winnipeg, with several days of 40 below). It was one of those promotional faux Bakelite jobbies.

In the spring when I went back up there it had basically disintegrated into powdery mush.

Canadian winters are not the "usual elements", where the average pressure treated cedar fence has a lifespan of less than 10 years. (Don't ask me how I know this.....but it's one of several reasons I now live in a condo)

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
@Ahi Ka , silly question, but do you get snow in your part of NZ? Or do you get snow at all down there?

That would give that bowl the full spectrum of conditions.
It’s snowed - and by that I really mean for like 10mins tops - in my city twice in the last 50years. Though if you head an hour south or into the surrounding mountains you’ll find some. I live on this peninsula 5A89FB01-33CF-4A34-8C24-DDD4CC6C5967.jpeg