PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
Having started back after a near 20 year hiatus, I’ve started buying again and have gone back through all my old tins, finding some really nice things. But I happened to look down and sitting on a random shelf was a lovely little tin of Penzance, still tight as a drum, from 2009. I don’t know what I’m going to do with it. I mean, no one actually smokes this, it just gets bought and sold back and forth. Does it even burn, I wonder? Right now I have it tied around my knee with a handkerchief and in a 24 hour period it has completely healed a torn meniscus. I am going to see if it will cure warts next.

IMG_0006.jpeg

I am considering trades…probably for commercial real estate or classic cars.

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
@rmcnabb We see the new Sansepolcro release in the background. I kinda like the new release over the previous iteration. What say you?
I haven’t opened my single tin of Sansepulcro! I got the very last one that I saw for sale and I guess I’m saving it for…something?

Im sure I will pop this Penzance. My cellar is half twenty year old tins and have 3 month old. I need to start enjoying the old stuff while waiting for the babies to grow up.

Sig

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Very cool......smoke it!
I also took a long hiatus from pipe smoking and was pleasantly surprised by some of the tobaccos I found.
A bunch of McClelland tins and bulk from 2006-20017. Random tins of stuff I collected back when I was a tobacco snob......GLP Ravens Wing, Old Iron Sides, GLP Tribute, McC Christmas Cheer x10, from the early 2000s.
But the one im most intrigued by is a tin of FVF. The tin is sucked in top and bottom, some digs and dents, but its sealed.
No clue how long its been tucked away.
It has to be within 2002 and 2012.....but no clue.
Not quite Penzance, but a mystery anyways.
17154453546122251077330029969452.jpg

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
I'm on the wait list at all the online stores for Full VA Flake. No doubt they'll email me any...day...now...

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
The 'thing' about aged tobacco is that it seems to be wonderful for just a few hours. After that, it becomes regular old tobacco
Can you explain this to me? I have never aged tobacco, partly out of impatience and partly because I can't buy something to use in a few years without the certainty of still being alive.