PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
I really enjoy Boswell's Countryside. I've got 2 lbs. cellaring as we speak. However, the cost makes it hard to justify it as my daily smoke. I'm looking for Tobacco Blends very similar to Countryside, in bulk purchase options, to keep the cost down. I buy a lot of blends from Brick and Mortars so I don't feel bad buying a few blends from the online retailers. I'm looking for any recommendations comparable to Countryside that won't break the bank. Thank you, in advance, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the suggestions.
BPatrick

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I've wanted to try it but haven't yet. I did a quick look at the TR entry for it and saw mentions of it being like an American English or like 965. There's a bulk match of 965 called Match 20. For American English bulks I've read mention of Count Pulaski, Aromatic English, Revelation Match, Lane HGL, and Match Revelation.

Reactions: BPatrick

makhorkasmoker

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
I would try buying the basic components—“blenders”—and experimenting until I came up with something close. Good blending tobacco can be bought for around $2 an ounce. The Latakia is twice that but you won’t need much

Reactions: BPatrick and yanoJL

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
I too like Countryside. Because of the Lat-Oriental feature, I would suggest Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme, Newminster English Oriental, or possibly Sutliff's English Oriental. All reasonable bulk blends.

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
I've wanted to try it but haven't yet. I did a quick look at the TR entry for it and saw mentions of it being like an American English or like 965. There's a bulk match of 965 called Match 20. For American English bulks I've read mention of Count Pulaski, Aromatic English, Revelation Match, Lane HGL, and Match Revelation.
I'm a big fan of 965. I didn't know that Match 20 was a bulk match for it. I'm working on english blends as I find my self an english aromatic guy. It's weird because I'm a cigar smoker, 20 years, and I smoke medium full to full blends but I seem to enjoy more mild blends when smoking a pipe. Of course the Peterson's blends are fantastic but for an everyday smoke I'm looking for bulk pricing. I'll have to try Match 20, Aromatic English, and Lane HGL. Who makes Aromatic English? Thank you for your help! We had a few really unusually warm days now its raining and 43 degrees. I'm about to go to my smoking room and have a few bowls of Countryside.

• Love

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
I would try buying the basic components—“blenders”—and experimenting until I came up with something close. Good blending tobacco can be bought for around $2 an ounce. The Latakia is twice that but you won’t need much
I've thought about doing this. Was hoping to find a good, inexpensive, bulk blend and go with it; but I may need to try this.

Reactions: makhorkasmoker

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
I too like Countryside. Because of the Lat-Oriental feature, I would suggest Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme, Newminster English Oriental, or possibly Sutliff's English Oriental. All reasonable bulk blends.
Thank you for the suggestions. I like Stokkebye brand tobacco. I haven't had much Sutliff's.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I'm a big fan of 965. I didn't know that Match 20 was a bulk match for it. I'm working on english blends as I find my self an english aromatic guy. It's weird because I'm a cigar smoker, 20 years, and I smoke medium full to full blends but I seem to enjoy more mild blends when smoking a pipe. Of course the Peterson's blends are fantastic but for an everyday smoke I'm looking for bulk pricing. I'll have to try Match 20, Aromatic English, and Lane HGL. Who makes Aromatic English? Thank you for your help! We had a few really unusually warm days now its raining and 43 degrees. I'm about to go to my smoking room and have a few bowls of Countryside.
Glad to help! Aromatic English is made by Sutliff. I’m also enjoying C&D Constellation these days which is also available in bulk.

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Glad to help! Aromatic English is made by Sutliff. I’m also enjoying C&D Constellation these days which is also available in bulk.
I'm trying to find some aromatic english blends on Payless Cigars & Pipes as I avoid taxes and excise taxes, government theft. I would buy enough to get free shipping also. I didn't see Aromatic English listed for sale there but I'll check again. I love C & D. Apricots & Cream, Autumn Evening, and Haunted Bookshop are big hits for me.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I'm trying to find some aromatic english blends on Payless Cigars & Pipes as I avoid taxes and excise taxes, government theft. I would buy enough to get free shipping also. I didn't see Aromatic English listed for sale there but I'll check again. I love C & D. Apricots & Cream, Autumn Evening, and Haunted Bookshop are big hits for me.
Hmm yeah they don't show up there. I guess they’re not popular enough that PC&P stocks them. I did see HGL and Match 20 there, though.

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Hmm yeah they don't show up there. I guess they’re not popular enough that PC&P stocks them. I did see HGL and Match 20 there, though.
I'm interested in the Sunrise Match also. I'm a big fan of C&D and wish I knew more about any of their English aromatics sold their.. I don't mind buying 965, early morning pipe, Countryside ECT for an occasional smoke but the goal is to find an economy everyday smoke that's still good.