PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Well now that i have the plug cutter and it works beautifully i've found the reason I've held on to all that Wessex Gold Brick for a decade (or whatever). So looking for brick / uncut plugs.

I'm looking for recommendations for other straight VA or VaPer plugs. No really into the rose geranium thing or any heavily cased , topped tobaccos or fire cured stuff.

TYIA

Reactions: woodsroad

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Not that I’m a wealth of experience and knowledge for sure, but I’m drawing a blank on your parameters.
It’s odd though, because the straight VA/VaPer Genre is home to a plethora of flakes. One would think that uncut plug option of the many great Va/Vapers would sell. I would dig seeing the option of Luxury Navy Plug, 507C Plug, Fillmore, more Pease Plugs, Best Brown Plug, etc.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Not that I’m a wealth of experience and knowledge for sure, but I’m drawing a blank on your parameters.
It’s odd though, because the straight VA/VaPer Genre is home to a plethora of flakes. One would think that uncut plug option of the many great Va/Vapers would sell. I would dig seeing the option of Luxury Navy Plug, 507C Plug, Fillmore, more Pease Plugs, Best Brown Plug, etc.
So far SG has a couple plugs but of course good luck getting those. Seems that most plugs aren't just a straight VA or VaPer. Cascadia has a few but they are mixes or fruit / citrus topped and Salty Dog is rum topped.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Another vote for Salty Dogs. Its a beautiful tobacco by itself or as a condiment in a vaper blend. It says it has rum but its certainly subtle. I just get sweet virginia and plenty of fruity perique.

Reactions: jbfrady and AJL67

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Another vote for Salty Dogs. Its a beautiful tobacco by itself or as a condiment in a vaper blend. It says it has rum but its certainly subtle. I just get sweet virginia and plenty of fruity perique.
I forget what the blend was but it was a rum "topped" blend that i was told was lite, but it had a serious alcohol note kick, but it's not like the stuff is expensive so i can always give it a try, since a few people have recommended it.

Reactions: jbfrady

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I dont know its cost there but Im in the EU so its not a premium price as an import. Its 12 bucks a plug in Germany with VAT. So probably about 9.50 plus shipping if you find you like it. I most often slice 2 1mm thin slices and rub it out with my vapes. Its strong enough to shine through and really enhance the blends. Your cutter will be handy. It is a very dense plug.

Jim has a review on tobac review site.