PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I don't wind down, ever. I sit to rest briefly, which is interrupted by everything I need to finish. But from wake up to bed time, it's just non-stop chores and dealing with the next damn disaster. Any free time is spent dreading all the crap that needs to get done, or dodging mf video calls from family that I already don't like to begin with and have told multiple times I don't do video calls and I never answer but they still have to constantly try and badger and pester me. "But I want to hang out, you're my brother...". Well, "blood" doesn't mean shit to me, we didn't grow up together, we have nothing in common, and I don't want to be close. And they're the type that if you go long enough, will show up unannounced at your house. Like, go bother the other siblings that like you, or your friends. Why pester me? It's not like I'm your only option. :mad:

I'm just so fucking tired, never ending tired and wound up. I just want to be left alone, for like a month. Contemplating putting myself in the psych ward or going to jail... 🤔

Even the time I spend smoking my pipe isn't really relaxing because again, constantly bothered by someone, or feeling rushed because there's more crap to do or because "this is my only window so I HAVE to do it now even if it don't feel like it because I won't get to later" or I have to think about how to get the next 500 things on the list done.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I don't wind down, ever. I sit to rest briefly, which is interrupted by everything I need to finish. But from wake up to bed time, it's just non-stop chores and dealing with the next damn disaster. Any free time is spent dreading all the crap that needs to get done, or dodging mf video calls from family that I already don't like to begin with and have told multiple times I don't do video calls and I never answer but they still have to constantly try and badger and pester me. "But I want to hang out, you're my brother...". Well, "blood" doesn't mean shit to me, we didn't grow up together, we have nothing in common, and I don't want to be close. And they're the type that if you go long enough, will show up unannounced at your house. Like, go bother the other siblings that like you, or your friends. Why pester me? It's not like I'm your only option. :mad:

I'm just so fucking tired, never ending tired and wound up. I just want to be left alone, for like a month. Contemplating putting myself in the psych ward or going to jail... 🤔

Even the time I spend smoking my pipe isn't really relaxing because again, constantly bothered by someone, or feeling rushed because there's more crap to do or because "this is my only window so I HAVE to do it now even if it don't feel like it because I won't get to later" or I have to think about how to get the next 500 things on the list done.
I’m gonna be careful to not give too much advice here. But seriously, you should get a 🐶…they are awesome, lovable, and make you feel good. They also need care and force you to go outside and enjoy a pipe from time to time. 👍☕

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
If it's truly free time just by myself, I try to get out in nature. I enjoy going to the lake or one of the other trails nearby for a good long walk. Sometimes I'll go to a park and read or have a pipe (or both, why not). At home, I like to listen to music - I'll put on the headphones, pull a chair up to the window, and listen to a whole album. I try to read, but it always makes me so sleepy regardless of time of day, so I can only do a few pages at a time. I'll play guitar and work on songwriting, but I haven't been "feeling it" very much lately.

Of course there are the miscellaneous chores and what-not throughout the day. Spending time with the animals, walking the dogs through the neighborhood, etc.

Sometimes I honestly don't know what to do with myself. The other week I went to an antique store by myself, as my wife was out with a friend. Maybe kind of a weird thing to do alone, but it was actually very enjoyable.

I do find myself wishing I had friends I could go grab a beer with or something, though.

Reactions: yanoJL
I don't understand this "unwinding" you guys speak of. Is it like unglued? coming apart? a breakdown? I just keep going, rarely ever setting down, unless it is to work on something. Even when my wife forces me to set and watch the tv with her, I tend to grab a sketchbook, read, or use the time to clean my pipes, while she watches whatever Hollywood wants us to to look at. I'd much rather go for a walk than set down and stare at a half rate crappy story on the tube.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I don't understand this "unwinding" you guys speak of. Is it like unglued? coming apart? a breakdown? I just keep going, rarely ever setting down, unless it is to work on something. Even when my wife forces me to set and watch the tv with her, I tend to grab a sketchbook, read, or use the time to clean my pipes, while she watches whatever Hollywood wants us to to look at. I'd much rather go for a walk than set down and stare at a half rate crappy story on the tube.
Everyone is different & to each his own. ☕

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Oh wait, sometimes I do yoga. But, it is hard for me to think of this the same as setting about like my wife does. I have to admit, I do take offence to seeing her wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, asking me to go get her something because she doesn't have clothes on under the blanket. Hell, if I can walk around naked, she can too. I don't like it when she interrupts my yoga. puffy JK

• Haha
Reactions: Simmerdown☕️

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I’m gonna be careful to not give too much advice here. But seriously, you should get a 🐶…they are awesome, lovable, and make you feel good. They also need care and force you to go outside and enjoy a pipe from time to time. 👍☕
We have three dogs, and it's not relaxing for me. They all make no illusions that the prefer my wife. To them, I am chop liver. Even if I try to bribe them with a treat, they'll come get the treat, then immediately run back to my wife. They'd rather lay on the floor than sit with me if she's not home.

Bentley is an English bulldog. He likes to attack me any time I try to carry anything through the kitchen. And when I go to bed at 4 am, right when I am about to fall asleep, that's when he likes to wake up and loudly chew his feet.

When packages get delivered before I wake up, they all bark and wake me up.

About half the time when I come to bed at 4 am, Jasper decides to bark at me like I am an intruder.

Bentley has to be separated because, as an English bulldog, he's an asshole. There's baby gates everywhere that have to be climbed over and stepped through.

Oh, so relaxing. :rolleyes:

And don't get me wrong, I love dogs, they just don't love me.

It's like I'm cursed or the universe is making me its favorite whipping boy. Anything I try to do gets detailed. I used to love doing music, until a medication I was previously on gave me a permanent mild parkinsonism, now I can hardly play guitar worth a shit, even when I have barely a free moment to practice, for just one of about a billion examples.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Simmerdown☕️