New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Every once in a great while I’ll thumb through my jar inventory in order to reacquaint myself with what I’ve got on hand. I don’t spread sheet my stock and go off memory, which as I’m finding out does not improve with age. ?

So early this morning I took the opportunity to check in on the upstairs dresser and my smoking cabinet. In the back of a drawer behind some Solani & Esoterica stuff was a jar stuffed full to the brim with VaPer Godness. This is my favorite VaPer of all time. That might even go as far as saying quite possibly my favorite blend of all time had it not been for the reliable ability of Haunted Bookshop to always satisfy. Or, the treacle sweetness of Rich Dark Flake however elusive of late it is.

I jarred this 200g of St. James Flake in 2019. I’ve only opened it once since 2020 (approx. a yr later), just to see how’d it developed. I can remember stuffing the flakes in the jar because I was running low on Ball jars and this was my last quart size at the time.

Since that time it’s been in almost complete darkness in a steady temperature of 67 degrees. The flakes appear to have begun to morph back into a rich dark stewed plug. The color has darkened deeply since the purchase as you’d expect. I’m not going to open it yet as I’m still dipping into a tin from 2015. Looking forward to the day when I wake this baby up.

So all, do any of you come across to jars or tins you’d not remembered or forgot about? What are they? ?☕

C4D3520C-2E19-435C-BB1F-CEC460F22905.jpeg7ED23FBD-FB28-4B65-A16C-EEE709257D12.jpeg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I've taken inventory twice in the last year and a half I've had what technically constitutes a cellar (one 16 oz. jar does not!). I thought I had only one tin of Drew Estate Grand Central, but was pleasantly surprised to discover I had two. Other than that, no real surprises. Just glad I'm fairly well stocked on 6mm balsa filters, which apparently are all being hoarded by a handful of forum members I shall not name for fear of libel suits floating out on a barge in the Pacific Ocean indefinitely. ?

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I've taken inventory twice in the last year and a half I've had what technically constitutes a cellar (one 16 oz. jar does not!). I thought I had only one tin of Drew Estate Grand Central, but was pleasantly surprised to discover I had two. Other than that, no real surprises. Just glad I'm fairly well stocked on 6mm balsa filters, which apparently are all being hoarded by a handful of forum members I shall not name for fear of libel suits floating out on a barge in the Pacific Ocean indefinitely. ?
Yeah right! Those balsas are likely on the same damn Pacific barge along with my damn BJ Longs no doubt…wait they’re made in Rochester…damn you know what I mean. ?☕

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Every now and then I come across something that I forget that I have, like a 1lb bag of Vintage Syrian, which I rebagged in metallized Mylar, bags of Rimboché AP, some McClelland blend or other, that sort of thing. I knew that I had an 8 oz tin of Union Square from 2005, but found that I had two of them. The stuff is stored in a number of closets and sometimes I forget that there's a couple of palettes behind the other junk.
Keeps it interesting.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Right next to the tires I ordered for my truck in October.