PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Ok after recently trying some HH Burley Flake, HH Bold Kentucky, and HH Virginia flakes I am liking me some Mac Baren. I now want to try a couple more tin blends. What are your favorites? Below are my considerations so looking for next 2.

Roll Cake
Dark Twist Roll Cake
Vanilla Roll Cake
Plumcake
Navy Flake
HH Latakia Flake

I like all flavors and blends except that chemical taste that seems to be in every Sutliff aromatic.

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
Dark Twist and Vanilla Roll cake are both very good. Sort of depends on what you like most. Club Blend is good as noted, have a tin open now.

Reactions: pip01

Oddball

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
TN
I found Dark Twist too sweet for me straight up. BUT If I mix in some ODF or Bold KY flake into it, 1:1 Ratio, for my tastes, it adds some meat to the smoke and really boosts it up.

ODF and BKY both are stout. Like too strong for me alone and I like it strong. They are chuck roast and mashed potatoes.

I enjoyed Navy Flake, HH Pure Virginia fresh out of the tins but rarely reach for them in the jar... I need to revisit.

The Roll Cakes all have a certain appeal to them in both appearance and smoke. I like to fold and stuff a couple coins and crumble one on top of the bowl for starter. So far I like all I have tried.

My Favorite is the Royal Twist Roll Cake that they do every so often in limited runs. Also in that vein, the Latakia roll cake. It's like the Dark Twist sweet but with some smokey goodness mixed in. Just enough, nothing too smokey.

I have two 10 year old Stockton tins I got at the Mule Town Pipe show this year. I will be popping one of those just as soon as it cools off enough for a Bonefire.....

Reactions: Scottmi

KruegerFlap

Might Stick Around
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
HH Bold Kentucky is my favorite in their HH line, but Navy Flake and HH Old Dark Fired are excellent as well 👍

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
results so far below…

Navy Flake 11111111 (8)
Dark Twist Roll Cake 1111111 (7)
Vanilla Roll Cake 11111 (5)
HH Latakia Flake 1111 (4)
Plumcake 1
HH Rustica 1
Roll Cake