PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
That is some fantastic work you do there Pipetrucker. I've long been meaning to learn to knit as it really is a great skill to have. I really dig the colours on the scarf there.

I can however sew and I'm going to be sewing a modern take on the kilt soon so that'll definitely be going in here.
Hah after I'd posted it I realized that having only things that weren't pipe related is impossible. I think we can consider that out the window.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Great Mason. I can crochet but have never gotten the hang of knitting. I do prepare card and spin my own yarn though.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I can make ash out of pipe tobacco. Does that count? :lol:
Really, I am just envious of you handy people.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Thanks for the positive comments, gents. I don't do much of it these days due to a lack of time, but I like knowing I can make my own knit garments if needed.
I do think Lawrence's skill has topped us all LOL

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I make wine and mead and will hopefully make beer this year and try my hand at whisky and other distilled spirits. I have also made lots of "instruments" out of all sorts of electronic bits and such but I don't have any pics. Plan on moving this year and will finally have the space for a proper studio and work shop again...then the making will ensue!

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I'm in the process of putting together a decent work shop area, myself. We haven't used our garage hardly at all for actually parking cars, so it's the catch all for junk. So, I'm trying to get hold of the workbench I built with my grandfather when I was about 7yrs old from my aunt. That, with my store-bought bench should provide plenty of workspace. Then, I'm hoping to not only do pipe related repairs and carving stuff, but some other wood working projects.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I made this Parachute cord bracelet last night just for the hell of it... Turned out pretty nicely, it is made out of a single piece of paracord that is about 12 feet long. You can unwrap it if you are ever in need of rope!
IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thats awesome Bubba. I've wrapped a few knife handles with paracord, but never made anything like that. I know a guy who wears a hatband thats similar with about 10 foot of paracord. I just keep a roll of it behind the seat in the truck, that stuff really is handy when camping etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.