PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
My first pipe was an Armellini I purchased in the 90’s. I still smoke it to this day and everything I pack in it smokes great. I ended up with 6 of them and they all smoked great, but over the years I sold them or gave them away to friends but always kept my first pipe. Agree 100% with @daveinlax, that wire and lead seal made them stand out in a pipe case.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've had a few Armellini pipes over the years and found them to vary in the way they smoke. Both of the pipes that were half or three quarter bent wouldn't pass a pipe cleaner through the stem easily, and in the case of one, not at all. It seems like the lucite stems were bent without something inside to prevent the collapse of the airway, but I'm not sure what caused the problem, but I ended up getting rid of both. There was nothing blocking the airway, but I didn't feel like trying to fix it myself or paying to have it done. I currently have one that while it is a smaller pipe and a straight Dublin, is an excellent smoking pipe and has no problems passing a pipe cleaner.
DSCF8598.jpegDSCF8601.jpeg

Reactions: That Guy

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I've got two. Both are Tinderbox pipes. They're both rusticated. One is a bent billiard and the other, I don't know. Oval shanked Canadian? But gigantic? Weird shape. The billiard is one of my favorite pipes. I smoke nothing but MacBaren Navy Flake out of it. They were built for each, at least to me. The other weird one? I dunno. I feel like it needs a real deep clean and a reevaluation.

Reactions: Toast