PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I’m looking forward to sharing the Star Wars universe with my kids. I’m thinking maybe this summer, once school and sports are over. The question for me is, do I start with A New Hope, or Episode 1? The original trilogy is far superior, but the ‘prequels’ do provide some backstory. 🧐
It's pretty funny, I watched A New Hope with my lil girl on the fourth because she saw a picture of baby Yoda online. I didn't even realize it was the fourth till my wife came home and reminded me so it was just a coincidence? I'm an OG 3 Nerd and cannot stand the others in the franchise, the magic is just not there. So I'll show my kids the OG 3 but if they wish to go any further that's up to them. Don't even get me started on the TV shows. Yuck !!!

Old Fart Signing Off

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's pretty funny, I watched A New Hope with my lil girl on the fourth because she saw a picture of baby Yoda online. I didn't even realize it was the fourth till my wife came home and reminded me so it was just a coincidence? I'm an OG 3 Nerd and cannot stand the others in the franchise, the magic is just not there. So I'll show my kids the OG 3 but if they wish to go any further that's up to them. Don't even get me started on the TV shows. Yuck !!!

Old Fart Signing Off

jerrothomas

Lurker
May 6, 2024
My May the 4th story:

Worked with a guy who was a bad cook and worse person, so I mind my business around him and don't associate except when necessary. My girlfriend gets invited to his wedding (she was friends with the bride), on Thursday, May 4th and it's a Star Wars themed wedding.

I was working in Lansing during the week and cooking in Metro Detroit on the weekends, so I took 2 days off to attend a wedding I didn't want to go to for a person I disliked. However, I'm a good sport and bought the couple a German cuckoo clock that was Star Wars themed, with a light saber show, music, etc.

Groom pulls me aside before the wedding and says "The only reason you're invited is your girlfriend." I got that Joe, and it's the 14th reason why I don't want to attend. Now I'm pissed and the clock is not returnable at this point.

Cue the wedding. It's a dump. Fine. The decorations are merely cardboard cut outs of characters. Okay, not my thing. But I behave.

When the newly weds went to the different tables to thank people for coming and introduce themselves, the groom shook my hand and pulled me in close. "I told you I didn't want you here and still don't." And that's when I saw red.

I behaved, but didn't sign the book or make a "video greeting". It's hard to rattle me, but I was livid and shaking with anger.

A few weeks later, I get a non-descript note in the mail that merely said "thanks for coming" and was only signed by the bride.

I never cared for Star Wars, but have been to a themed wedding. At least I got this story website out of it.
Ah, May the Fourth be with you! It's the unofficial Star Wars Day, celebrated by fans around the world as a homage to the iconic phrase "May the Force be with you." On this day, enthusiasts come together to celebrate the beloved franchise through various activities such as movie marathons, cosplay events, trivia contests, and more. It's a day filled with nostalgia, excitement, and a deep appreciation for the galaxy far, far away. So, whether you're a Jedi, a Sith, or just a casual fan, May the Fourth is a perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the magic of Star Wars and join in the festivities!