PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ThePiperBadik

Lurker
Sep 27, 2023
İstanbul
I recently started a YouTube channel. I'm aware that there's much more content available in English, but I noticed there's a lack of a meticulous and high-quality channel like this in Turkey. That's why I'm creating content in Turkish.

However, I'm diligently editing all the subtitles to enable better translations by YouTube. I believe they will be translated into English nicely.

I'm here to offer help to beginners with questions. I should emphasize that I'm speaking solely from my own experiences and opinions. While our pipe journeys may involve similar elements, they are ultimately unique.

Feel free to discuss anything related to the videos or other topics under this thread. I'll be uploading at least one or two videos a week.

Wishing you enjoyable viewing!

URL deleted by moderator. Please review the rules!

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePiperBadik

Lurker
Sep 27, 2023
İstanbul
What can you tell us about Turkey’s domestic tobacco production? Can an individual find and buy domestically grown tobacco?
Yes, you can buy domestically produced tobaccos (there is a legal producer). However, I can't really say that the legally produced tobacco is of high quality. As for the other option, there isn't any website where you can place an order or a physical location where you can go and buy it.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@ThePiperBadik

I found a lot of good info on Bite online, if you haven’t seen all this information before.

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Hmm maybe a tobacco shop in Turkey is a good business to start... 🤔

Reactions: ThePiperBadik
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The tobacco may be mediocre but look at all the marvelous Meerschaum pipes you have access to! Since you are there, which 3 to 5 Meer Carvers do you rate the highest? I have several, Altinay and Altinok are my favorites and fine smoking instruments.

Reactions: ThePiperBadik

ThePiperBadik

Lurker
Sep 27, 2023
İstanbul
The tobacco may be mediocre but look at all the marvelous Meerschaum pipes you have access to! Since you are there, which 3 to 5 Meer Carvers do you rate the highest? I have several, Altinay and Altinok are my favorites and fine smoking instruments.
To be honest, I've never been interested in meerschaum pipes. They didn't catch my attention. So, unfortunately, I can't offer you any advice.