PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I were covering the story, I'd have to stop to get all the details on how he proposed to prepare food, sleep, navigate, go to the bathroom, and otherwise stay alive. Maybe he could try it in a Mini Mouse beach float.

I have to assume this guy has never gone to sea in a regular boat or ship, which would have convinced him of his folly. Well, maybe.

If I were covering the story, I'd have to stop to get all the details on how he proposed to prepare food, sleep, navigate, go to the bathroom, and otherwise stay alive. Maybe he could try it in a Mini Mouse beach float.

I have to assume this guy has never gone to sea in a regular boat or ship, which would have convinced him of his folly. Well, maybe.
The interview would have been cut short by his declaration of suicide and bombs. They really should have just let him continue. It sounds like he was more of a headache than they really wanted.

Reactions: jaytex1969

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Wa

Was that really a person plummeting back down at the end?!!

Yes.

The guy built a rocket in his back yard (so to speak) and rode it with the intention of going high enough to see with his own eyes if the curvature of the Earth was real. Meaning not some consensual illusion or government conspiracy.

The charge to eject the parachute designed to carry the ship back down gently went off during liftoff, though, and ripped free. A simple ballistic arc was the result.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
For suicidal stupidity, the flat-Earth-prover guy and his homemade rocket are heard to beat.

Incredible.

He was a rare individual...because, to paraphrase Nietzsche...that level of stupidity (or madness) is rare in the individual.