PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

midcentry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
Utah
To me the way I see it a morning blend won't smudge up your taste buds for the day and prevent enjoyment of stronger blends. As the day goes on I get stronger. Or I just keep it mellow. Depends. But if I go strong out the gate then I am committed until the next day to strong blends all day or I won't taste the mellower sublime blends.
I agree. Starting up with a mild, straight virginia is the usually way to go. That being said, my favorite coffee blend is for sure Solani 656.

Reactions: macaroni

midcentry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
Utah
I agree. Starting up with a mild, straight virginia is the usually way to go. That being said, my favorite coffee blend is for sure Solani 656.

That being said, I love Mississippi river! My favorite of the SPC blends for sure! Have yet to try the special reserve version, but i did grab a tin of the flake. Have any of you tried the flake? Might have to pop it open soon

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
That being said, I love Mississippi river! My favorite of the SPC blends for sure! Have yet to try the special reserve version, but i did grab a tin of the flake. Have any of you tried the flake? Might have to pop it open soon
I find the special reserve is a really enjoyable smoke - each of the blend variants are pretty distinctly unique in my opinion. Huge fan of the rum barrel aged version - not really an aromatic guy but it proves the exception to the rule for me!

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I've found the special reserve version to be okay, I'll smoke the remaining tins but it's not on my repurchase list. I've found it to be the same regardless of the time of day.

Rossi320

Can't Leave
Jul 4, 2023
Northumberland county, pa
Just cracked open barrel age and all I smell is rum....once lit and keeping it going the rum is not promeent ....not sure of the arma or taste I will have to try this out a time or to

Nitrane84

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2022
Chatham-Kent
One of the only blends ice ever had fully turned around from customs. Good on smokingpipes for issuing me a refund once it showed up back at their facility. It's frustrating living in Canada sometimes.