Missouri Meerschaum Cob - Blue Barcode Label?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
A friend bought this Washington cob on Amazon and was asking me if it's a legit MM. I've never seen a blue sticker label with a barcode on one of their pipes before. Has anyone seen one of these before?
20230812_183857.jpg

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
I don't see people knocking off mm cobs yes their are some made in China cobs that suck majorly but their not attempting to counterfeit mm with the logo. So most likely legit.
Yeah, it seems like it would be a lot of effort to go to just to copy such a low-dollar item. The Chinese cobs on Amazon are easy to tell from a real MM at a glance, and I don't think I've ever seen a plastered one. It's his first pipe, so he wanted to make sure he got a real one.

Reactions: username

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
The closest I've seen were some Chinese ones branded "Tibbes." As if most people who buy a Chinese cob would know (or care) who Henry Tibbe was.

Bdtroch

Lurker
Aug 31, 2023
Interesting to see other people noticing new labels/stickers.

I recently picked up a box of 20 from a local B&M (store inventory box, local in Missouri) and had 3 or 4 different labels throughout the lot across multiple pipes, even though the pipes were the same (Country Gentleman).