PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

KS Pipes

Might Stick Around
Apr 29, 2024
I decided to add several new Missouri Meerschaum cobs to my collection. I think it's safe to say, I've got the cob section of my pipe collection covered.

Already tried the Elf Cobbit, and the Dwarf Cobbit. I really like the longer stems.

I need to get a pipe rack.
IMG_20240506_111600_915.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
That's what I'm afraid of, but I have to at least try to convince myself.

What brands are your cobs? Anything other than MM?
There is an Old Dominion in the mix but the rest are MM. I smoke cobs regularly and they are superb pipes. Taken care of, they can last. Some of those pipes have almost 30 years on them. I know some folks consider them to be disposable, but I treat my cobs with the same care as my briars and meers.

KS Pipes

Might Stick Around
Apr 29, 2024
I thought I had all the cobs I would ever need. You guys posted your pics of all those wonderful pipes and my cob PAD is kicking back in these past few days. Now I need a churchwarden. :LOL:

This was an inexpensive way for me, to start getting the feel of how different pipes smoke. Different chamber sizes, different stem lengths, what have you.

And I blame this forum for my purchase. Lol

SmokingInTheWind

Might Stick Around
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
This was an inexpensive way for me, to start getting the feel of how different pipes smoke. Different chamber sizes, different stem lengths, what have you.

And I blame this forum for my purchase. Lol

I hear you. I didn't want to put out a lot of money until I was sure I would stick with the pipe, so my first three pipes were inexpensive MM cobs. I ended up with seven cobs, and now I am looking hard at the Wizard Cobbit. It doesn't help that the MM banner is flashing on the left of the page. ;)

KS Pipes

Might Stick Around
Apr 29, 2024
I hear you. I didn't want to put out a lot of money until I was sure I would stick with the pipe, so my first three pipes were inexpensive MM cobs. I ended up with seven cobs, and now I am looking hard at the Wizard Cobbit. It doesn't help that the MM banner is flashing on the left of the page. ;)
Them dang temptations are everywhere on this forum. Lol

I haven't smoked the Wizard Cobbit yet, but I'm liking the larger bowl and the longer stem of the Salem Woodsman and the the longer stem on the Elf Cobbit.

Reactions: SmokingInTheWind

KS Pipes

Might Stick Around
Apr 29, 2024
I think you boys must be amongst the Kings of Missouri Meerschaum Collectors.
Lol For the money, they smoke pretty dang good. There's only maybe a couple more of theirs I'm interested in, but they're out of stock at the moment. Plus, I like to support my neighboring state when possible.

Get my preferences dialed in, then it's on to briars.😁

SmokingInTheWind

Might Stick Around
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Lol For the money, they smoke pretty dang good. There's only maybe a couple more of theirs I'm interested in, but they're out of stock at the moment. Plus, I like to support my neighboring state when possible.

Get my preferences dialed in, then it's on to briars.😁

I would also try a meerschaum pipe before investing too heavily in briar. You just might fall in love.

Reactions: KS Pipes

SmokingInTheWind

Might Stick Around
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
View attachment 308678
I’ve got a couple more now, and the top row is way more used-but the crown jewel of mine is the early seventies Freehand front and center (the stem of which looks much better nowadays).

I meant to ask you, before I got distracted by that Winchester, if the classic Freehand come from the factory with the vulcanite stem. That pipe is the real deal.

SmokingInTheWind

Might Stick Around
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Noted. Never know till I try one. 👍🏻

Meerschaum wasn't on my radar until I started reading the coloring threads on this site. It is very interesting watching the pipes change color over time. There are some beautiful pipes from smooth classic shapes to intricately carved figures. I am relatively new to the pipe, and I recently bought a meer before buying many briars. I am glad I did. Beyond the aesthetics of it, the pipe smokes well also.

Reactions: KS Pipes

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I meant to ask you, before I got distracted by that Winchester, if the classic Freehand come from the factory with the vulcanite stem. That pipe is the real deal.

Duplicate Post
My dad bought it just like that new when I was a kid.
Vulcanite bit, and if you notice the stem is actually cob not wood painted to look like cob as they are now.