PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
So today I fired up one of the 2-for deals on a MM Country Gentleman cob from Cup-O-Joes for the first time. Having never tried a cob before I was stunned. A bowl full of CAO Cherry Bomb and guess what I tasted? Cherry, that's right, wonderful cherry. I have never had a new pipe not impart some flavor into the first bowl. This is a wonderful pipe and I think everyone should own 2 or 6.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I have 2 Country Gents, along with one General and an Egg. Combined with Forever stems I love 'em all!!

chromenut

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011
The guys at pipechat talked me into buying some cobs, now whenever my TAD grabs me, I use my cobs tot est the tobacco so that they don't impart any taste or flavor to the tobacco. Very much an excellent way to test new tobaccos.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Cobs are awesome! Im not sure I would forsake briar completely by a couple (dozen) of cobs are nice to have.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
This is a wonderful pipe and I think everyone should own 2 or 6.

Agreed. Everyone should have a couple of cobs for testing or giving the briars a rest.
I also like to have a new cob, just in case I meet someone who wants to find out what pipe smoking is like and share a bowl with me. I'll have a new pipe to give him.

Jul 15, 2011
I have two Generals and a Great Dane that don't get used nearly as often as they should. I might have to order a few Country Gents as they look kind of cool and have a good sized chamber. The size of the chamber is the only issue I have with my Great Dane. I only get about a 20 minute smoke out of that thing, and that's with really slow puffing. The Generals will last me well over an hour, however.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I have a Diplomat and a Legend. The Legend is a short smoke, doesn't hold as much baccy as I'd like, but the Diplomat is a nice sized bowl good for a 40 minute smoke. I've been way more into the cobs than the briars lately, and I may pick up a few more MMs myself. I'd like to get one of the Danes and a Country Gentleman at least. My local tobacconist usually has a basket on the counter of the pipe bar with a few MMs in it at a good price. I paid $5 for a Legend last Friday night, and they had quite a few CGs for $4.75.

Status
Not open for further replies.