PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
OK, a late pasta meal is about ready. What to watch and enjoy together. I happily read the first 3 pages from the great thread on movies started by @jpmcwjr. I love 'em all. She doesn't. What to watch and enjoy together ❤️ 🤔
Kindly
Mike at the movies 😉

Reactions: JOHN72

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
A timeless classic that my wife is always okay with me putting on.
View attachment 238148
That and Outlaw Josey Wales are the only two movies that I really like and will have Mrs. Rookie leaving the room.

@macaroni you might want to try a pair of older movies from the 80s; Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile. Both are action/romance/comedies starring Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner with Danny DeVito in a supporting role.

Another good one is Hopscotch starring Walter Matthau. Do I need to go on? Ok, also Ned Beatte, Glenda Jackson, and the youngest Sam Waterson you've ever seen.

Last suggestion is something more for her, but there's enough in there for you as well. The Americanization of Emily was a delightful romcom set in WWII London. James Garner and Julie Andrews play the leads with James Coburn and someone named Melvyn Douglas supporting.

If all else fails, anything with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara is a good bet. Or Donavan's Reef.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Any of the The Thin Man movies with Myrna Loy and William Powell. It’s the perfect mix of comedy and mystery to satisfy both of our tastes, and there’s nothing like putting an old black and white movie on, especially on a cold night

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
Any of the The Thin Man movies with Myrna Loy and William Powell. It’s the perfect mix of comedy and mystery to satisfy both of our tastes, and there’s nothing like putting an old black and white movie on, especially on a cold night

I was able to get my wife into the Thin Man.

What about the Quite Man. Young Maureen O”Hara is very easy on the eyes.

4449B4BA-A420-48BA-8E20-806F3427BD4B.png

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
There’s not much but it would be the Harry Potter films, classic Disney films from our childhood era and The Princess Bride.

October through December, Great American Family is on so if we sit down to watch anything it’s that.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Kobold
Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Jeremiah Johnson and Outlaw Josey Whales are timeless classics. Fortunate for me, the misses enjoys them as well.
That and Outlaw Josey Wales are the only two movies that I really like and will have Mrs. Rookie leaving the room.

@macaroni you might want to try a pair of older movies from the 80s; Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile. Both are action/romance/comedies starring Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner with Danny DeVito in a supporting role.

Another good one is Hopscotch starring Walter Matthau. Do I need to go on? Ok, also Ned Beatte, Glenda Jackson, and the youngest Sam Waterson you've ever seen.

Last suggestion is something more for her, but there's enough in there for you as well. The Americanization of Emily was a delightful romcom set in WWII London. James Garner and Julie Andrews play the leads with James Coburn and someone named Melvyn Douglas supporting.

If all else fails, anything with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara is a good bet. Or Donavan's Reef.