PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
@simong and I shared some Murray's Mellow Mixture at the UK pipe show. Unfortunately it was a bit dry, but kept some of it's quality. I will attempt to rehydrate this tin and see what happens, I only have one sealed tin left and then that will be it unless I can find more. We also shared some beautiful 1980s Condor long cut. I know some of you will appreciate the history of these blends.IMG20231008150845.jpgIMG20231008150902.jpg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I think it will rehydrate well. The tobacco was dry but not stale.

Funny, everybody talks about erinmore but you rarely hear the mellow mixture being discussed. I very much enjoyed it. Like a milder version of the old Punchbowle but with a subtle sweetness from the light casing. We couldn’t determine what that casing was…..hopefully after it’s been hydrated the flavour will be a bit more pronounced.

Had a lovely day in Nottingham yesterday, I think everyone enjoyed themselves. We were blessed with a gloriously warm & sunny day, great food & drink along with a very friendly & jovial crowd, made for a memorable show.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I think it will rehydrate well. The tobacco was dry but not stale.

Funny, everybody talks about erinmore but you rarely hear the mellow mixture being discussed. I very much enjoyed it. Like a milder version of the old Punchbowle but with a subtle sweetness from the light casing. We couldn’t determine what that casing was…..hopefully after it’s been hydrated the flavour will be a bit more pronounced.

Had a lovely day in Nottingham yesterday, I think everyone enjoyed themselves. We were blessed with a gloriously warm & sunny day, great food & drink along with a very friendly & jovial crowd, made for a memorable show.
@simong Yes Nottingham was great was great wasn't it? The Return of the Clay King!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@simong and I shared some Murray's Mellow Mixture at the UK pipe show. Unfortunately it was a bit dry, but kept some of it's quality. I will attempt to rehydrate this tin and see what happens, I only have one sealed tin left and then that will be it unless I can find more. We also shared some beautiful 1980s Condor long cut. I know some of you will appreciate the history of these blends.View attachment 251943View attachment 251944
@jaingorenard Did we meet at Nottingham? I was the clay pipe smoking Redcoat! I enjoyed the 1980s Condor Long Cut; it tasted great and not too dry as I'd have expected from 30+ year old tobacco. I think Coniston Cut Plug is more like the old Condor than Condor today!

Reactions: Mrs. Pickles

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
We did indeed, Dan, albeit briefly. That 80s Condor was great stuff!
@jaingorenard It was! I found out Condor production moved to Poland in 2017, the year before I got my first clay. Wrightbus bought the Gallaher Tobacco factory in Ballymena to expand production. Their new bus range includes the Kite & Hawk; maybe they should have one called the Condor!