PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Don’t laugh but is there such a thing?
If there isn’t then there should be & if there is, where can I buy one? I’m a frequent sniffer of snuff so i’m in the market for a pretty little snuff box, a musical one, if possible. Upon opening I think the chorus from that 80’s song ‘White Lines’ would be rather jolly. Either that or ‘Pomp & Circumstance’ by Sir Edward Elgar.

What about you lot, what tunes would you have play, prior to taking a pinch?

Reactions: Tbaggins

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Don’t laugh but is there such a thing?
If there isn’t then there should be & if there is, where can I buy one? I’m a frequent sniffer of snuff so i’m in the market for a pretty little snuff box, a musical one, if possible. Upon opening I think the chorus from that 80’s song ‘White Lines’ would be rather jolly. Either that or ‘Pomp & Circumstance’ by Sir Edward Elgar.

What about you lot, what tunes would you have play, prior to taking a pinch?
I have never heard of one but it seems like with all the crazy snuff boxes I have seen that such a thing must exist. And one thing a lot of snuff boxes are out there to find and range in price from dream on to oh my god they have no clue what they're selling. So if you can find it there is a good chance it's mislabeled. Yes snuffboxes often are labeled as pills boxes and other things while many not snuff boxes such as pillboxes are sold as snuffboxes.
I assume you do know what makes a good snuffbox and the best bet is to find a craftsman that will do custom jobs.
Also not all small spoons are snuff spoons. I've seen cayenne spoons sold as snuff spoons, right shape way too small.

Reactions: Tbaggins