PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Maybe twenty years ago, my brand new wife laughed at me on the phone in a thousand dollar suit trying to hand roll a Prince Albert cigarette from a new Prince Albert humidor she bought me, as I talked on the phone.

When I was a kid I saw more than one man who’d lost an arm in a little round hay baler roll perfect Prince Albert or Velvet cigarettes that looked tailor made, but I never could.

She took a photo of me, we still have somewhere smoking what looks like a bad doobie.

In twenty years that same PA can hasn’t run empty. It has PA, black cavendish, Virginia bright leaf, SWR, Velvet, and who knows what all other odds and ends of cheap candy flavored cavendish tobaccos.

Still tastes and smells delicious, too.

B75B9204-026F-4D7B-9E23-68287258AE88.jpeg4C2E10B2-5FE2-49C5-AE39-CF27932333B9.jpegEE95169E-1C7C-4F3E-8DEF-6E9B0BB5FAAF.jpegDo you have a catch all humidor that has no bottom to it?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I consider you a lucky guy cause you get candy flavors out of goopy aromatic Cavendish.

I currently have a small 4oz jar I'm filling with whatever didn't fit in the pipe at the time. It's all Burley based blends, so shouldn't be any surprises there.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
You need to smoke more.
How?

My bottomless PA can sits in my office kitchen, beside maybe three or four Lees.

When I’m back in the kitchen, I might have a couple of Lees half smoked in ashtrays out front.

There is absolutely no Latakia in my catch all can of Prince Albert.

But if I want to fire up a Lee in my kitchen I don’t want to disturb my assistants up front, scrounging tobacco, you know?

When it gets low I take some odds and ends and fill it back up, shaking virgorously.

DF73BFB0-47E0-4C92-AC32-EAA3C3E420F3.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have an empty Granger can, a full Granger can, an antique empty metal Granger can, and as I was growing up my father smoked nothing but Granger, from a pouch, in his pipe. But there's more. My wife grew up in a tiny town in Northeast Missouri called Granger. And my late wife attended Grainger (different spelling) High School in Kinston, North Carolina. So my Granger humidor is indeed full. I'm no stranger to Granger.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I remember reading a story in the old Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris about a guy who collected his tobacco scraps and bits in a container over many years. His nephew came to visit and they sampled the mix, and it was absolute ambrosia, but of course there was no way it could be recreated after all that time.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Maybe twenty years ago, my brand new wife laughed at me on the phone in a thousand dollar suit trying to hand roll a Prince Albert cigarette from a new Prince Albert humidor she bought me, as I talked on the phone.

When I was a kid I saw more than one man who’d lost an arm in a little round hay baler roll perfect Prince Albert or Velvet cigarettes that looked tailor made, but I never could.

She took a photo of me, we still have somewhere smoking what looks like a bad doobie.

In twenty years that same PA can hasn’t run empty. It has PA, black cavendish, Virginia bright leaf, SWR, Velvet, and who knows what all other odds and ends of cheap candy flavored cavendish tobaccos.

Still tastes and smells delicious, too.

View attachment 163367View attachment 163368View attachment 163369Do you have a catch all humidor that has no bottom to it?
What kind of pipe is that?