PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
A nice craggy blast is a beauty to behold!! Nice job.
Can you blast any pipe? Like do you charge for turning a smooth into a blast?
I typically only blast pipes that I make, but if you want one blasted I'd be willing to do so. Pictures would be good so I can try to read the ring Grain. I don't know what I'd charge, but I love being in the blast cabinet, which lowers the cost.

I typically only blast pipes that I make, but if you want one blasted I'd be willing to do so. Pictures would be good so I can try to read the ring Grain. I don't know what I'd charge, but I love being in the blast cabinet, which lowers the cost.
Heck, post more pics, I'd rather just buy one you made. Or, PM me a link to stay within forum rules.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Heck, post more pics, I'd rather just buy one you made. Or, PM me a link to stay within forum rules.
Thank you. You know how to reach me. I was just sharing how much I love the blasting process. I'd be happy to talk about blasting a pipe you have or making you something special sometime. In the meantime, I added some pictures of this one.

Reactions: hauntedmyst
View attachment 100042View attachment 100043View attachment 100044
It is curing before I buff the stem, so forgive the dull look. It's one of the pipes I held back to show in Richmond. So no one has seen it yet except here. My pipes tend to disappear if I post them so I have to make surprises for shows.
I have the same problems. I made an $1800 bracelet to take with me to the show this coming weekend, but someone hit me up on IG and asked the price... I was torn. I know that selling it is the goal, but I have sold so much stuff hot off the bench this summer that I barely have anything new to show this weekend. And, I know that the one year I decide to sell online and just skip the art shows will be the year that no one will buy online, ha ha.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I have the same problems. I made an $1800 bracelet to take with me to the show this coming weekend, but someone hit me up on IG and asked the price... I was torn. I know that selling it is the goal, but I have sold so much stuff hot off the bench this summer that I barely have anything new to show this weekend. And, I know that the one year I decide to sell online and just skip the art shows will be the year that no one will buy online, ha ha.
I hate that part of it. Money now is nice, but showing up with more than five pieces to show is really good. It's tough sometimes.