PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpart67

Lurker
Jan 21, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Finally got some time to finish this up. Stem was in hard shape. Did all the work by hand. Started with sandpaper on the stem, then used a plastic polish, then wax. Cleaned the bowl and then waxed it up. Before pictures followed by after pictures.
GEDC0008-1.jpg

GEDC0005.jpg

GEDC0004.jpg

GEDC0033.jpg

GEDC0031-1.jpg

GEDC0034-1.jpg

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Nice job. Looks like it was just a good cleaning. I got one just recently that needs a good bit more work. I am a gluten for punishment. Bowl is cracked, stem has a hole in it. The finish has been stripped, and it has a lot of digs. Whew not sure if this would be a good one to be my first referb.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice work carpart. The pipe has a nice shape. It's amazing how vulcanite stems can be brought back to new. Thanks for sharing your pics.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Great job :clap:
Shows whenever should give up on a pipe ! Looks like a beauty ! Thanks for sharing

Jul 15, 2011
That bad boy looks pretty damned good if I do say so myself. Great job! Restoring old estates is really fun to do and I have a lot of fun with it when I have pipes to work on, but be careful, or else you will wind up like me with 45 briars under your belt and you wont even realize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.