9 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 11, 2024
Texas
I found this gorgeous lapis lazuli pipe on this Netherland site, but the turned out not shipping internationally. That's a shame, because I haven't seen a lapis pipe like this before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240211-161329_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240211-161329_Samsung Internet.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20240211-161332_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240211-161332_Samsung Internet.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: bluegrassbrian
Feb 11, 2024
Texas
You could try package forwarding like this:

I had not thought of that, I'll give that a try now! All hope may not be lost, gentlemen!

Reactions: didimauw

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
And I have to say my first thought is when it seems too good to be true or too good to pass up, the first one is probably the correct one. Or too good to be true, it probably isn't true. I guess the question is what grade of Lapis Lazuli do you expect it too be? At a lower grade that price isn't that much of a wow. Though I would wonder if it was made with the intention of being smoked or if it's more of a decorative pipe?
Finally not a fan of the fit of the stem to the shank. I wouldn't buy a briar pipe at that price with a stem that fits like that (mainly because I'd think if that's the level of care of craftsmanship and attention to detail, what else did they treat like a D student)

Feb 11, 2024
Texas
And I have to say my first thought is when it seems too good to be true or too good to pass up, the first one is probably the correct one. Or too good to be true, it probably isn't true. I guess the question is what grade of Lapis Lazuli do you expect it too be? At a lower grade that price isn't that much of a wow. Though I would wonder if it was made with the intention of being smoked or if it's more of a decorative pipe?
Finally not a fan of the fit of the stem to the shank. I wouldn't buy a briar pipe at that price with a stem that fits like that (mainly because I'd think if that's the level of care of craftsmanship and attention to detail, what else did they treat like a D student)
I understand your view, but there aren't any other lapis pipes on the market. I'd rather workshop a subpar pipe and elevate it's looks myself than just not have the pipe. Besides, I already bought it.

Reactions: orlandofurioso

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I understand your view, but there aren't any other lapis pipes on the market. I'd rather workshop a subpar pipe and elevate it's looks myself than just not have the pipe. Besides, I already bought it.
Well if you're going to workshop it that's a wildly different story. I have no experience with such things and pipes. And yeah I do want to buy some skanked up estate to learn on but that's a so far in the future it might be a literal pipe dream.

Reactions: Madhatter-boi-
Feb 11, 2024
Texas
Hey a toy to play crafts with, is different then an off the shelf pipe. In this case sounds more fun. Glad you could get it.
Me too, I'll have you know, I would never buy a poor quality briar for that price. If I want a fairly cheap briar, I shop grabow. What do you think of grabow?