PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
I am fascinated to learn of so many falcon fans on this forum. The thing looks so odd and unnatural to me. I have not studied falcon system because my instinct rejects it. But my instinct has been wrong before--regarding filter pipes for example (they are great!)
Is moisture condensation not a big problem with falcon?
It seems Falcon is most popular in UK.
Credit to SmokingPipes.com for this educational info:

As mentioned, the Falcon pipe consists of two elements: a removable bowl and an aluminum shank fitted with a stem. Offered here is the shank-and-stem component. Fashioned from durable, lightweight metal, the fuselage features a threaded, cup-like section called the "humidome" at the end into which screws the Falcon's bowl — the airway drilled directly at the bottom of the chamber much like a traditional Calabash. The humidome collects any moisture that may develop while smoking, and thanks to the bowl's threaded attachment, it can be disconnected to remove excess moisture, even when still hot. Falcon also offers proprietary Dry Rings — pipe cleaner-like swabs that rest in the humidome while smoking and assist in catching unwanted condensation. The pipe's unique construction also allows for the pairing of any Falcon shank-and-stem combination with any Falcon bowl, resulting in a durable pipe that can be customized for any situation.

Capone

Lurker
Oct 21, 2022
North Carolina
Good question! Personally I'd say any of the standard stems paired with pretty much any standard bowl. You have endless choice with the Falcon system.

If you already smoke and are used to briar pipes, I'd go with the International range which looks more traditional but have the cooling system of Falcons.

The Coolway range are closer still to a traditional briar but don't have the same cooling effect or humidome as the engineered Falcons.

Only other tip is say for the standard Falcon is to keep them clean, use the dry rings for the humidome and enjoy!
Thank You for the information. I will check them out.